TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Anybody else get really mad at your own party, and then get mad at someone else’s party for blaming your party when how you think your party should be is supposed to agree more with their party than your party, making you really wish everyone at that party would come to your party and see how your party is according to how you think your party should be?  

Are you talking about D&D?

• Like 1

This afternoon I watched a youtube about El Cid.  Did you know that they made a real life about that movie? 

What other real life should they make from a movie? I hope not Independence Day.  Maybe they should try to make Rudy into a real life.

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Are you talking about D&D?

5 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

This afternoon I watched a youtube about El Cid.  Did you know that they made a real life about that movie? 

What other real life should they make from a movie? I hope not Independence Day.  Maybe they should try to make Rudy into a real life.

You are like the tyty of the Packer sub forum.

On 6/3/2020 at 1:29 PM, Cakeshoppe said:

I do wildlife photography and spend a lot of time around wild animals. Bears, wolves, venomous snakes. I'm always respectful of their wildness and give them space but the only ones that have ever really made me nervous are Bison. Everything else wants to steer clear and give humans a wide berth. Bison don't care one bit and will just go wherever they please, knowing they could smoke you in a second if you act up. Bull Elephant Seals are probably second in that category that I've experienced.

I have watched a few people walk right up to a black bear or bull rocky mountain elk to take cell phone pictures and that's just being a dumb***.

A friend of mine decided to take a road trip to Yellowstone several years ago.  One night he was camping in the park and had a fire going and a bison rolled up and laid down next to the fire about 5 feet away from him like it was no big deal.  He got a picture of it and everything.

On 6/5/2020 at 3:13 AM, Leader said:

You'll be fine. Note I didnt say "completely comfortable"...but, I live in Florida and that happened to me during the summertime.
How did I know about the fan technique? Because I lived it for a few days....and its true...at night it is cooler outside than in.

One of my homes had a whole-house fan - essentially a big honkin' fan that you turn on for a few minutes when late in the evening or before the sun comes up, sucks all the hot air out, the cool night air replaces it, then you shut the house up. 

We could never get it to work; that house had strange and mysterious wiring. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

One of my homes had a whole-house fan - essentially a big honkin' fan that you turn on for a few minutes when late in the evening or before the sun comes up, sucks all the hot air out, the cool night air replaces it, then you shut the house up. 

My parents have an attic fan.  It surprisingly works really well.  Loud as heck though.

• Like 1

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

My parents have an attic fan.  It surprisingly works really well.  Loud as heck though.

As a tree-hugging liberal, I always wonder how different things would be if the US had decided that there were more solutions to problems than "PURE HORSEPOWER" 

59 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I grew up in New Jersey and our house didnt have central air - nor did we put window units in. In their stead, there was a very large fan - I'd estimate at least 4'x4' (in the basement of a 3 story house) and we'd turn that on "exhaust" and it pulled air through the entire house. I dont remember suffering any. Not that I paid much attention to the weather when I was a kid.....but the way I remember it at least, the Summer's were fairly mild - relative to other regions certainly.

On 6/7/2020 at 3:47 PM, Mr Bad Example said:

I used to live in an old Victorian house that had that kind of system. The sucky thing was that someone capped the vent for it well before I moved in so it couldn't function properly. It too was very loud. It sounded like one of those floor fans you see at summer bball camps.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2020 at 3:10 PM, Outpost31 said:

Anybody else get really mad at your own party, and then get mad at someone else’s party for blaming your party when how you think your party should be is supposed to agree more with their party than your party, making you really wish everyone at that party would come to your party and see how your party is according to how you think your party should be?  

Are you talking about political parties or like a bestie boys party?

I used to work for one party in the Senate. It was a good experience, but I am now a pretty hardcore independent and want nothing to do with any party unless its fighting for my right to party.

Edited by Arthur Penske

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:03 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone have one of those cool blankets?

I really like to bundle up in the covers when I sleep.  But I am a heat producing SOB.  I am almost always hot.  I have been looking at bamboo blankets, do they work?  Also, check this out, it looks awesome, but I don't want to spend that much,  https://www.chilitechnology.com/

I bet that thing is amazing and comes with a pretty big electric bill.