Jump to content

TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Leader said:

It will be interesting to follow post fight analysis of the tape and see if they can discern which kick may have fractured his leg bone.

I think he just landed on it awkwardly.  I don't know if you are a pro wrestling fan, but Sid Viscious had a nasty broken leg from jumping off the second rope and landing on his feet.  Don't look it up if you haven't seen it.  But if you plant too much weight on your leg your own body weight is enough to snap it.  Connor kind of had his weight moving sideways when his leg came down.  Perhaps some damage had already been done, but I can see it just breaking like that too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think he just landed on it awkwardly.  I don't know if you are a pro wrestling fan, but Sid Viscious had a nasty broken leg from jumping off the second rope and landing on his feet.  Don't look it up if you haven't seen it.  But if you plant too much weight on your leg your own body weight is enough to snap it.  Connor kind of had his weight moving sideways when his leg came down.  Perhaps some damage had already been done, but I can see it just breaking like that too.  

Could very well be....dont know (obviously). I dont follow wrestling - but (IMO) the broken leg you highlight is more explainable given the height he was dropping from as opposed to McGregor simply planting his foot backwards.

Neither here nor there for me....but it'll be interesting to hear the analysis. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Connor McGregor fans in denial are hilarious.  I read multiple comments on twitter and instagram from Connor fans that said he was about to win the fight.  He lost the round, then broke his leg.  Then they still believe that the dude's wife was messaging McGregor, like a tramp that would do that would still go for the guy that lost the fight.  

Comical.  

Hardy fight was hilarious too. 

I was pretty popped but the main event so I was very confused by the time that happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Norm said:

Hardy fight was hilarious too. 

I was pretty popped but the main event so I was very confused by the time that happened. 

That is exactly what I wanted from that fight though.  Two big oafs swinging and one falls down.  The only fight I didn't enjoy last night was the co-main where they just wrestled, and the guy won because he got 3 take downs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

That is exactly what I wanted from that fight though.  Two big oafs swinging and one falls down.  The only fight I didn't enjoy last night was the co-main where they just wrestled, and the guy won because he got 3 take downs.

Yeah I bitched about that fight plenty, but it's to be expected anymore. They don't HAVE to stand toe to toe and murder each other, but having a whole fight where it was "who was better at hugging?" gets ******* old. 

But yeah, I figured they would brawl like that, but I literally went holy **** Hardy is going to finish him before we get 2 minutes in and then he got knocked out less than 2 seconds later lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Connor McGregor fans in denial are hilarious.  I read multiple comments on twitter and instagram from Connor fans that said he was about to win the fight.  He lost the round, then broke his leg.  Then they still believe that the dude's wife was messaging McGregor, like a tramp that would do that would still go for the guy that lost the fight.  

Comical.  

I love Connor McGregor fans. They're the dumbest bettors in sports and make it beautiful for the rest of us. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Norm said:

But yeah, I figured they would brawl like that, but I literally went holy **** Hardy is going to finish him before we get 2 minutes in and then he got knocked out less than 2 seconds later lol

Is Hardy making a go career-wise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leader said:

Is Hardy making a go career-wise?

I'm not following close anymore but it feels hard to say now. He felt like he was about to finish that fight, had a shot anyways. I'm guessing for a dude ranked way off the top guys he's still a decent draw. He hasn't been doing this long either. Who knows. I'm sure there's someone here who can break down his game now than me though and tell you if he really has a shot doing this a while longer

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norm said:

I'm not following close anymore but it feels hard to say now. He felt like he was about to finish that fight, had a shot anyways. I'm guessing for a dude ranked way off the top guys he's still a decent draw. He hasn't been doing this long either. Who knows. I'm sure there's someone here who can break down his game now than me though and tell you if he really has a shot doing this a while longer

I guess it's a lot harder for Hardy to beat up people who are skilled at defending themselves compared to women who aren't. 

Glad to hear he got knocked out. Wish I would have seen that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I guess it's a lot harder for Hardy to beat up people who are skilled at defending themselves compared to women who aren't. 

Glad to hear he got knocked out. Wish I would have seen that. 

It was great

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm not following close anymore but it feels hard to say now. He felt like he was about to finish that fight, had a shot anyways. I'm guessing for a dude ranked way off the top guys he's still a decent draw. He hasn't been doing this long either. Who knows. I'm sure there's someone here who can break down his game now than me though and tell you if he really has a shot doing this a while longer

He is big and athletic.  I also don't follow it close, so I don't know any of his opponents, but he seems to finish them quickly.  He is 32, is that old for a UFC guy? I would question Hardy's chin after that fight, it looked like he only got hit once.  But, Tuivasa is 12-3 in mma and 5-2 as a pro boxer, he isn't hitting guys with pillows.

The fight was entertaining for the minute that it lasted.  That is the kind of thing that I like to see, but I am a fan of striking and really don't care for the wrestling part of mma fights.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

He is big and athletic.  I also don't follow it close, so I don't know any of his opponents, but he seems to finish them quickly.  He is 32, is that old for a UFC guy? I would question Hardy's chin after that fight, it looked like he only got hit once.  But, Tuivasa is 12-3 in mma and 5-2 as a pro boxer, he isn't hitting guys with pillows.

The fight was entertaining for the minute that it lasted.  That is the kind of thing that I like to see, but I am a fan of striking and really don't care for the wrestling part of mma fights.  

I thought about whether or not he has the chin myself after that too. Maybe it was cleaner than it looked on my phone though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2021 at 10:17 PM, incognito_man said:

I was reading about Pete Rose tonight. I feel very strongly that he is unfairly viewed by the casual fan. Always had this very negative idea about him being slimey; it seems he's really portrayed that way. But he just seems like a spirited baseball guy. He seems very very VERY genuinely in love with baseball and the dude bet more on random-*** basketball games than the team he was managing. He was 100% NOT jeopardizing baseball with his betting. I'm convinced he wouldn't have done a damn thing differently had he not bet. He was just confident about winning and never bet against his team.

He's 80 now and will probably die with so much undue disrespect. As our society continues to embrace sports betting, his legacy will only improve. Unfortunately for him, it might be posthumous. 

Dude is in the WWE/WWF Hall of Fame.  He's good.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2021 at 10:55 PM, Sasquatch said:

Agree about Shoeless Joe.  That’s just a sad situation.  I have very little remorse for Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds and doubt they’ll ever get in the hall either.

Wait.  I don't really follow baseball.  Those two, Bonds and Clemens are not in the Hall?  How about McGwire and Sosa?  

Looked it up, daaannnng.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Norm said:

I thought about whether or not he has the chin myself after that too. Maybe it was cleaner than it looked on my phone though. 

If it happens more often, then it is probably a concern.  Remember way back when, when Lennox Lewis was KOed Oliver McCall? He was pretty fine until he got caught again by Haseem Rahman, years later.  And though he only had a few more fights after that, he was still fine.  Big guys hit hard.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...