TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

16 hours ago, Leader said:

Is Hardy making a go career-wise?

He has been on the ascent slowly-but-surely in MMA but hasn't proven to be elite just yet.

14 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I guess it's a lot harder for Hardy to beat up people who are skilled at defending themselves compared to women who aren't. 

Glad to hear he got knocked out. Wish I would have seen that. 

Youtube yo...

What's interesting is that it was one of those hits that landed just perfectly. Didn't need to be a massive blow either, kinda like when you see those martial artists take down someone by tapping a pressure point and the other person just collapses.

16 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I love Connor McGregor fans. They're the dumbest bettors in sports and make it beautiful for the rest of us. 

Does everyone think McGregor is an idiot? I don't follow MMA, but everything I've seen of him makes me think he's a trash person.

Just now, incognito_man said:

Does everyone think McGregor is an idiot? I don't follow MMA, but everything I've seen of him makes me think he's a trash person.

No.  I think he has more WWF in him than everyone else though.  He sells the fights with his mouth and actions.  He is, by far, the largest star MMA has ever had.  And he still has a pretty good record, even if he seems to be on the downside of his career.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He's a jackass but he knows what the hell he's doing like Dave said. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

He's a jackass but he knows what the hell he's doing like Dave said. 

He appeals to the lowest denominator of people. Which apparently is what you have to do today. 

McGregor

Jake Paul

Skip Bayless 

Stephen A 

Cowheard 

Just appeal to people who like watching others act like idiots. McGregor ‘ fans’ don’t watch because he’s an incredible fighter, they watch because he’s a f’ing sideshow . 

• Like 2

Saw a story yesterday of a passenger on an American Airlines flight who had to be duct taped to her seat because she'd tried to open the plane door while in flight and bitten a flight attendant.

Whats with these people (?) and where have they suddenly come from?

Violence and abuse on airplanes is suddenly on the rise.  Why?

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Saw a story yesterday of a passenger on an American Airlines flight who had to be duct taped to her seat because she'd tried to open the plane door while in flight and bitten a flight attendant.

Whats with these people (?) and where have they suddenly come from?

Violence and abuse on airplanes is suddenly on the rise.  Why?

People lack critical thinking skills. That's the real issue. If we don't do something about it immediately this country is doomed when my children come of age.

Just now, incognito_man said:

People lack critical thinking skills. That's the real issue. If we don't do something about it immediately this country is doomed when my children come of age.

Could be true. We seem to have a lot more idiots around us - but even an idiot has to know opening an airplane door is - well, really stupid. It's getting out of control.

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Just appeal to people who like watching others act like idiots. McGregor ‘ fans’ don’t watch because he’s an incredible fighter, they watch because he’s a f’ing sideshow . 

In fairness, he also fights an entertaining style.  He does submissions, but he is primarily a striker.  It is a far cry from the days of Royce Gracie or Matt Hughs, who were pretty boring to watch, regardless of how bad *** they were.  And again, he also is a competent fighter, this isn't just me going out there and saying a bunch of crap, then getting my *** kicked.  I don't think he is any more over the top than Tyson Fury or Mayweather, and I love them.  

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

Could be true. We seem to have a lot more idiots around us - but even an idiot has to know opening an airplane door is - well, really stupid. It's getting out of control.

Is that even true, or do more people have access to more people than before?   Say I did that in 2005, that might have made local news, and would be a funny story to tell your friends or family about your flight to Boston.  Now, 70% of the people on the plane have it on their twitter, or instagram, and thousands of people get to twist it for some political agenda on facebook.  

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is that even true, or do more people have access to more people than before?   Say I did that in 2005, that might have made local news, and would be a funny story to tell your friends or family about your flight to Boston.  Now, 70% of the people on the plane have it on their twitter, or instagram, and thousands of people get to twist it for some political agenda on facebook.  

Yes - social media/news has become more saturated and connection to them more instantaneous but I believe these incidents are happening far more often than years past and its not a matter of greater coverage / reporting. People are behaving in a far more belligerent manner than years past. It's downright odd.

Edited by Leader

24 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

It's 100% a "thing" these days. Strongly correlated with my points above. I suspect one will find the Venn diagram of those who support Trump, don't get vaccinated, and behave like this on airplanes is just a circle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/unruly-airplane-passengers-faa/index.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Couldn’t have said it better myself. It’s not even debatable at this point. Just look at from the beginning of COVID to today. We are in deep, deep trouble . We are incredibly stupid, and with little critical thinking skills we have , it’s thrown out the door in favor of following a group. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

In fairness, he also fights an entertaining style.  He does submissions, but he is primarily a striker.  It is a far cry from the days of Royce Gracie or Matt Hughs, who were pretty boring to watch, regardless of how bad *** they were.  And again, he also is a competent fighter, this isn't just me going out there and saying a bunch of crap, then getting my *** kicked.  I don't think he is any more over the top than Tyson Fury or Mayweather, and I love them.  

When I say sideshow , I mean like viewing something outside of the primary reason. Conor is still an entertaining and talented fighter. Most people pay attention to see what he’s going to do or say pre/post fight. His persona has outshined his talent by a long shot. It wasn’t always like this, but the past few years he’s turned into a psycho. 

Im not a boxing guy, but that seems a bit different than Floyd/Fury . 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Don't know about today since I am not really into MMA anymore, but 5-7 years ago he had fans because he was entertaining.  No more complicated than that.  McGregor fights were must see events.  Back then I would have taken McGregor being a jackass and KO'ing opponents with his left vs watching more skilled fighters taking the match to the mat and ground/pound 10 times out of 10.