TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

25 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Don't know about today since I am not really into MMA anymore, but 5-7 years ago he had fans because he was entertaining.  No more complicated than that.  McGregor fights were must see events.  Back then I would have taken McGregor being a jackass and KO'ing opponents with his left vs watching more skilled fighters taking the match to the mat and ground/pound 10 times out of 10.

Feels like he has jumped the shark now with these death threats and similar buffoonery. Definitely crossing the line (which has a LOT of room for antics) with crap like this, though.

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

It's 100% a "thing" these days. Strongly correlated with my points above. I suspect one will find the Venn diagram of those who support Trump, don't get vaccinated, and behave like this on airplanes is just a circle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnn.com/travel/amp/unruly-airplane-passengers-faa/index.html

You just inadvertently did it.  Gotta get these unwashed barbarian Trump guys, they are evil! 

5 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Wait.  I don't really follow baseball.  Those two, Bonds and Clemens are not in the Hall?  How about McGwire and Sosa?  

Looked it up, daaannnng.

Some of the best baseball players in history were also some of the most flawed.

On 7/10/2021 at 9:29 PM, Dubz41 said:

Rose handled it like a weasel though. He agreed to abide by Giamatti's decision. He didn't like the decision and ran across the street to file an injunction in Federal court in Cincinnati.  He was not remorseful for years after that. He ruined Roy Fosse's career in an All Star game doing a **** move. He can get in the HOF the day after Shoeless Joe Jackson. Now that is a true tragedy.

Yeah, why MLB hasn't admitted their mistake on Shoeless Joe and allowed him in is very disappointing. His lifetime ban was ridiculous too. 

Never liked Pete Rose so I'm indifferent to him getting in or not. 

I also think the guys from the 'roid era are getting screwed. MLB knew they were juicing and allowed it to go on because the stands were full. 

22 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Does everyone think McGregor is an idiot? I don't follow MMA, but everything I've seen of him makes me think he's a trash person.

Define: idiot?

I think he was a loud mouth dumbass, observed that people really loved him for being a loudmouth dumbass, leaned super heavily into being a loudmouth dumbass, and is now paid obscene amounts of money for being a loudmouth dumbass. 

Is he an idiot or a genius? Hard to say. 

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Define: idiot?

I think he was a loud mouth dumbass, observed that people really loved him for being a loudmouth dumbass, leaned super heavily into being a loudmouth dumbass, and is now paid obscene amounts of money for being a loudmouth dumbass. 

Is he an idiot or a genius? Hard to say. 

I don't follow MMA, but even I know who he is.

One doesn't have to be an idiot or a genius, they can be both.

And yah, I think McGreggor is.

Also, I think once MMA fighters start doing commercials and become kindda celebrities, they lose focus and start losing.  Like in that sport, if you are not 100% dedicated to the sport, you lose that little edge and that's all it takes to lose those fights.

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Also, I think once MMA fighters start doing commercials and become kindda celebrities, they lose focus and start losing.  Like in that sport, if you are not 100% dedicated to the sport, you lose that little edge and that's all it takes to lose those fights.

It's an effing blood sport that's made it big (relatively...) and you've gotta have the edge (and rage) of a psychopathic killer when you step into the cage.

So yeah, for the top few that evolve into driving (or being driven) in Rolls Royce's and spend their money on oversized and garish mansions - holding on to that edge can be challenging. So oversized promotion becomes the key.