TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Feels like he has jumped the shark now with these death threats and similar buffoonery. Definitely crossing the line (which has a LOT of room for antics) with crap like this, though.

Speaking of death threats, the three players from England who missed the penalty kicks also received death threats and a ton of racist hate. 

Very sad state of affairs over a damned game! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Speaking of death threats, the three players from England who missed the penalty kicks also received death threats and a ton of racist hate. 

Very sad state of affairs over a damned game! 

Remember what happened to MVS after he fumbled the ball against Indy?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Define: idiot?

I think he was a loud mouth dumbass, observed that people really loved him for being a loudmouth dumbass, leaned super heavily into being a loudmouth dumbass, and is now paid obscene amounts of money for being a loudmouth dumbass. 

Is he an idiot or a genius? Hard to say. 

I definitely don't think he's a genius. I don't see "genius" in opportunism. He acts like a fool, intentionally or not, it's staged opportunism at best.

• Like 1

A sign of our times.....

- A 24yo unvaccinated Georgia man got COVID-19 and now has been in the ICU for 3+ months, requiring a double lung transplant. "As soon as he got in the hospital, he said he wished he had gotten the vaccine," his stepdad says.

- Virus cases have risen in New York City as the Delta variant spreads. Experts are watching, but say vaccines are likely to prevent levels seen in the past.

- Russia, in contradistinction to Israel/UK/US, where vaccination rates are substantially higher, has new record deaths every day & only 20% population vaccinated. Deaths (per capita) in Russia are 10 - 30X rates seen in Israel, UK, US.

- Missouri Gov. Mike Parson suggested Tuesday that some southwest Missouri health officials who are publicly discussing a marked increase in COVID-19 cases are trying to find someone to blame and want to scare people into getting vaccinated.

///

Get the shot people.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Get the shot people.

Fully approve the vaccines, FDA.

And I'm not saying you are wrong, at all.  I got my shots, all good here.  But the folks I talk to who are unvaccinated are using the FDA non-approval (yet) as the reason.

Hopefully that reason will be non-existent soon.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

But the folks I talk to who are unvaccinated are using the FDA non-approval (yet) as the reason.

Then they're stupid.

The facts / stats are in. The people showing up at the hospital are overwhelmingly un-vaccinated (99%).
The % of people suffering some kind of "reaction" is less than 1%.

The facts are in and unless an individual has some very specific medical reason NOT to get vaccinated (and I couldnt tell you what that would be, but I'm not a doctor), they're bypassing the facts for some lesser reason.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Then they're stupid.

The facts / stats are in. The people showing up at the hospital are overwhelmingly un-vaccinated (99%).

The facts are in and unless an individual has some very specific medical reason NOT to get vaccinated (and I couldnt tell you what that would be, but I'm not a doctor), they're bypassing the facts for some lesser reason.

No.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Then they're stupid.

Meh, who cares? Seriously, this horse is been dead for months yet people continue to beat on it. At this point, people who have been vaccinated literally have no reason to be pushing others to get vaccinated other than their own self-indulged "i'm right, you're wrong, you need to do what I say" attitude. If you are vaccinated, someone who isn't is not a threat to you, whatsoever. So why do you care? If someone, whether for a good reason or bad reason, chooses not to get vaccinated, who the hell cares? Good for them. Maybe they are playing Russian roulette with their own lives, but that doesn't affect me in the slightest. 

Personally, I'm vaccinated and I couldn't care less if any of you are or not. Do what you want to do. If you're scared or have underlying health issues, get vaccinated and then you have nothing to worry about. When the "scientists" say you need a booster shot in about another 3 months, get that too if you want. If other people don't want the shots, that's their prerogative. No need either way for anyone to claim intellectual superiority over another person based on that choice.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Then they're stupid.

Johnson and Johnson vaccine was recalled I do believe. People have died from  getting the vaccinated. I don't know how many or which vaccine, but there are reports out there. 

I too am vaccinated, but we live in a free country and these decisions should be up to the individual. If they start sending people door to door as has been suggested, they are looking for a lot of trouble. 

Edited by Old Guy

52 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Meh, who cares? Seriously, this horse is been dead for months yet people continue to beat on it. At this point, people who have been vaccinated literally have no reason to be pushing others to get vaccinated other than their own self-indulged "i'm right, you're wrong, you need to do what I say" attitude. If you are vaccinated, someone who isn't is not a threat to you, whatsoever. So why do you care? If someone, whether for a good reason or bad reason, chooses not to get vaccinated, who the hell cares? Good for them. Maybe they are playing Russian roulette with their own lives, but that doesn't affect me in the slightest. 

Personally, I'm vaccinated and I couldn't care less if any of you are or not. Do what you want to do. If you're scared or have underlying health issues, get vaccinated and then you have nothing to worry about. When the "scientists" say you need a booster shot in about another 3 months, get that too if you want. If other people don't want the shots, that's their prerogative. No need either way for anyone to claim intellectual superiority over another person based on that choice.  

This simply isnt accurate. 

The situation has nothing to do with my (or that of others) personal "I'm right / you're wrong" thinking.

You may not acknowledge or recognize it, but it does matter to you.

This is a virus and we're already dealing with at least one major variant or mutation: the Delta Variant. There's probably been others, but I'm not up on the exact science of this thing and this Delta Variant is apparently a highly contagious killer.

At this point it's believed that vaccinated people will have greater immunity to this new virus, or at the very least if contracted, it wont put you in the hospital or kill you.

This is good - for now - and now it's cleaning up / spreading amongst the un-vaccinated people. Oh well...but, the greater the pool for spread, the greater the potential it will mutate again.

Thats why it's important for people to get the shots. They may be free to make some "individual freedoms/rights" evaluation - but their perceived "right" lends threat to the greater populace.

This isnt the Flu.  For all intents and purposes, this disease shut down the world and had HUGE personal and economics costs.

I personally dont recall the overall vaccinated % in the country. I think it's in the 60's (?) - but the longer we feed this virus un-vaccinated hosts - the longer we run the risk of further mutation that causing similar disruptions.

Which begs the question....for what? Why?

It's proven facts the shots work. We need to snuff out this virus as quickly as we can.

22 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Johnson and Johnson vaccine was recalled I do believe. People have died from  getting the vaccinated. I don't know how many or which vaccine, but there are reports out there.

The % is minuscule in comparison to the % of vaccinated people that had little to no adverse reaction. For good reason, these vaccinations have been created and rushed to market (so to speak.....). As mentioned elsewhere, this virus shut down the world, killed **millions** in a relatively short period of time and will continue to do so.  It's not going to just go away.  This is a "greater good" circumstance. Not everybody is in it for themselves.