TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

The problem is the politicizing of the damn vaccine. It's not a shock that red states are dragging behind blue states here. I literally just returned last week from my dad's for the 4th where, out of 15 people, I was the only vaccinated person. Of the 15 people, I'm the only non-Republican of the group. I won't get any more political than that but that definitely is the majority of the issue IRT my experiences so far.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I'm pretty confident that when the vax gets FDA approval there will be some other excuse from these people. 

Yes.  I feel the same way, but at least that big one, the one that I recognize as being a legitimate reason, will be gone.  

12 hours ago, Old Guy said:

What in the actual **** is this? 

This is the dumbest collection of spin and bad data that I have ever read in my life.

"3544 people have died following Covid vaccinations".

So long as we're counting people dying from old age, car wrecks, suicides, and gunshot wounds?

"Each year, more than 165 million Americans get the flu shot. There were 85 reported deaths following influenza vaccination in 2017".

So half the population of the country got a flu shot. And 85 people died. You think that tracks with mortality rates? 

Of course it doesn't. It's just nobody ever wasted their ******* time checking if a suicide victim had gotten a ******* flu shot recently. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Old Guy said:

Dude... seriously.

Please, I beg of you, understand that anyone can make up anything on the internet (and they do). That is an absolute trash "source" to use. There is absolutely zero traceability to ANYTHING on that. 

Please for the love of DeShone Kizer only ever base anything you ever believe on verifiable information.

I hope to God you do not take anything on that link seriously.

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

What in the actual **** is this? 

This is the dumbest collection of spin and bad data that I have ever read in my life.

"3544 people have died following Covid vaccinations".

So long as we're counting people dying from old age, car wrecks, suicides, and gunshot wounds?

"Each year, more than 165 million Americans get the flu shot. There were 85 reported deaths following influenza vaccination in 2017".

So half the population of the country got a flu shot. And 85 people died. You think that tracks with mortality rates? 

Of course it doesn't. It's just nobody ever wasted their ******* time checking if a suicide victim had gotten a ******* flu shot recently. 

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Dude... seriously.

Please, I beg of you, understand that anyone can make up anything on the internet (and they do). That is an absolute trash "source" to use. There is absolutely zero traceability to ANYTHING on that. 

Please for the love of DeShone Kizer only ever base anything you ever believe on verifiable information.

I hope to God you do not take anything on that link seriously.

The thing is that even with a dubious source using trash numbers, it is STILL fare safer to get the vaccine than not. It's why I didn't bother going after the source - even the WORST spin the author and Tucker Carlson could put on the numbers MADE THE CASE IN FAVOR OF THE VACCINE. 

33 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The smug coming off of the pro vax campaign is also a strong deterrent to getting it.  If Steven Colbert and Trevor Noah were advocating for breathing, I would think twice about doing it.  You aren't winning converts with them.  

If ‘smugness’ is deterring you from getting a vaccine that could save your life and the lives of others, then you really should re-evaluate things. 

I agree, calling people stupid isn’t going to change people’s minds. But when people are refusing to protect themselves from a disease that killed over a half of million Americans to ‘own the libs’ then you’re begging for people to call you stupid. Begging for it . 

• Like 1

For what it's worth.....

I am married to a Nurse.  My daughter works in a memory care facility.  They have both seen a lot of deaths over the past two years from (sorry Norm) Covid.  This is what they've shared with me.

The vaccine does NOT give you immunity.  It lessens the effects of the infection so you will hopefully stay out of the hospital and recover without serious side effects.

Un-vaccinated people can and do infect people who are vaccinated. 

Right now the numbers reflect that about 80% of the variant victims are un-vaccinated people.  Most hospitals don't sponsor 'covid leave' anymore, so when you are hospitalized with covid and infect the health care workers- they have to use their own leave (if they want a paycheck) until they are cleared to return to work. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the people who complained the most about masks and the failing economy are the same folks who put up the biggest fuss about vaccines.

Critical thinking, greater good are not dirty words or ideas.  We'll never achieve 'herd immunity' while people glom on to every poor take they read on the internet.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

We mandate vaccines for every f****** kid who goes to public schools. This is only an issue because the same people who lied to you about COVID from the start are continuing to lie to you. 

Apparently that might not be the case any longer in TN......

I know they're planning to cancel any "outreach" about any/all vaccinations - but I'm not sure if they're actually shutting down all vaccination programs.

The former is questionable - but I understand the motivation. If it's the latter, well thats just stupid.