TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Apparently that might not be the case any longer in TN......

I know they're planning to cancel any "outreach" about any/all vaccinations - but I'm not sure if they're actually shutting down all vaccination programs.

The former is questionable - but I understand the motivation. If it's the latter, well thats just stupid.

I find it very frustrating that a large group of people ignore facts and bring every debate to the lowest common denominator. We have massive challenges that we need to overcome and soon. It’s really hard to do so when you have close to half of the country not interested and obstructive. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

Un-vaccinated people can and do infect people who are vaccinated.

Which is why I continue to wear a mask when in a public / indoor setting. I've no idea who's around me - but being in Florida, I have a clue who it might be.  It's no hassle for me whatsoever, but with a potential huge benefit. In my book, that gets filed in the "No Brainer" section.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I find it very frustrating that a large group of people ignore facts and bring every debate to the lowest common denominator. We have massive challenges that we need to overcome and soon. It’s really hard to do so when you have close to half of the country not interested and obstructive. 

Agree and have been saying so. It's was no skin off my nose to get vaccinated - a speed bump in the appointments calendar - but there's considerable upside to me individually and others collectively. So....why not do it?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Norm said:

I couldn't like this enough times. I need to make some alt accounts

Someone made a "Dead Horse" account in another forum in which I participated years ago. IIRC, the poster would usually show up when a topic was discussed ad nauseum to the point where people were arguing over obscure details that had little to do with the final outcome of any situation or discussion. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

The smug coming off of the pro vax campaign is also a strong deterrent to getting it.  If Steven Colbert and Trevor Noah were advocating for breathing, I would think twice about doing it.  You aren't winning converts with them.  

This is just ego on your part, man. 100% unadulterated ego. It's another big problem in all of this when people are putting their egos before rational thinking.

It's absurd that anyone should even have to act "smug" about vaccines in 2021. It's probably why so many people do: it's just so outlandish this is even an issue. 

Like I truly struggle to comprehend the thought process behind not getting a vaccine. I just literally can't get my mind to understand it.

Like how many ways can someone argue that 2+2 isn't 5? 

(Unless one obviously has a legitimate medical reason confirmed by their healthcare professional, of course. Any non-medical reasons are just selfish trash.)

Edited by incognito_man

2 hours ago, Dubz41 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that the people who complained the most about masks and the failing economy are the same folks who put up the biggest fuss about vaccines.

Darned true statement there!  

As a person of science it's just so damned frustrating we are wasting all these resources on convincing people of a common vaccine in 2021. Crap like this that prevents actual human progress that would benefit the next generation. Just an absolute waste. 

Stop holding the rest of us back.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This is just ego on your part, man. 100% unadulterated ego. It's another big problem in all of this when people are putting their egos before rational thinking.

It's absurd that anyone should even have to act "smug" about vaccines in 2021. It's probably why so many people do: it's just so outlandish this is even an issue. 

Like I truly struggle to comprehend the thought process behind not getting a vaccine. I just literally can't get my mind to understand it.

Like how many ways can someone argue that 2+2 isn't 5? 

(Unless one obviously has a legitimate medical reason confirmed by their healthcare professional, of course. Any non-medical reasons are just selfish trash.)

You are assuming that I haven't been vaccinated.

Look at the messaging though.  If the campaign was Ted Nugent singing "Get vac-cin-ated, dun dun dun," to the tune of Catscratch Fever, you guys would all hate it and resent it too.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

You are assuming that I haven't been vaccinated.

Look at the messaging though.  If the campaign was Ted Nugent singing "Get vac-cin-ated, dun dun dun," to the tune of Catscratch Fever, you guys would all hate it and resent it too.  

You can't be serious about "look at the messaging" in regards to the pro-vaccine side...

The gross messaging is 100% on the anti-vaccine side. THAT is the side that turned established science into a partisan issue. This should never have been partisan. We all know why it is, and it's definitely not from the pro-vaccine side.

And no, I'm making no assumptions about your vaccination status. I was commenting that resisting basic science due to the opinion of talking heads (vs listening to experts) is 100% ego+based.

• Like 1

I just need to stop thinking about it because it's so mind-numbing.

This issue is going to go down in our history as the dumbest collective behavior by a sizable portion of Americans ever. That's how bad this is. There won't be chapters in future generations textbooks on this, there will be entire books written about the brainwashing that occurred and how we need to avoid it again.

The more one thinks about it, the worse it gets. Like if this happened in 1821 these people would literally not wipe their ***** if toilet paper became a partisan issue like this has and received the same messaging from their preferred political party leader about anal hygiene.

• Like 2