TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

8 hours ago, Norm said:

Covidsfuture.com to continue this discussion

I've got Delta going #1 in the variant mock draft. Think we can get enough participation to run a CFMD? 😝 Do we even do FFMD on here anymore? I remember following those so closely back in the day. I need to go back sometime and see how awful our drafts were. I think I remember us taking Brady Quinn in the first one year and Sydney Rice in the first a different year. 

One of my biggest bets is going to be Ark under 7.5 wins. I have listen to a Falcons podcast and it’s very strange.

they have concerns about their offensive and defensive lines, secondary and their depth in general. They then say they think they can win 7-10 games. They’re only hope is if Smith is a genius and they force turnovers . 

I don’t see any way this Atlanta team wins 8 games. What do you guys think ?

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

One of my biggest bets is going to be Ark under 7.5 wins. I have listen to a Falcons podcast and it’s very strange.

they have concerns about their offensive and defensive lines, secondary and their depth in general. They then say they think they can win 7-10 games. They’re only hope is if Smith is a genius and they force turnovers . 

I don’t see any way this Atlanta team wins 8 games. What do you guys think ?

The only thing I'll caution is that the unders are going to be strange this year with the 17 game schedule. 

7-9 looks a lot different than 7-10 to me. 

Point differential wise they were 7.5-8.5 last year. I'll leave you to wrestle with Julio Jones out vs Dante Fowler and Kyle Pitts in. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The only thing I'll caution is that the unders are going to be strange this year with the 17 game schedule. 

7-9 looks a lot different than 7-10 to me. 

Point differential wise they were 7.5-8.5 last year. I'll leave you to wrestle with Julio Jones out vs Dante Fowler and Kyle Pitts in. 

Fowler was there last year. His pressure rate dropped from 14 to 8. So maybe he has a better season. 

I get Pitts isn’t a traditional TE but I still think there’ll be growing pains. And I’m not positive he dominates year 1. 

I just think Atlanta needs everything to go right, and also have some players from out of nowhere progress. 

Have any leans with any win totals?

14 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Fowler was there last year. His pressure rate dropped from 14 to 8. So maybe he has a better season. 

I get Pitts isn’t a traditional TE but I still think there’ll be growing pains. And I’m not positive he dominates year 1. 

I just think Atlanta needs everything to go right, and also have some players from out of nowhere progress. 

Have any leans with any win totals?

Cowboys: Under 9.5 (that roster isn't fixed. Counter point, the division blows)

Broncos: Under 8.5 (still think there's some Rodgers bloat here and that division is stacked)

Lions: Over 5 (I think they'll be scrappy and battle hard for Not Matt Patricia even if the roster blows)

12 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Cowboys: Under 9.5 (that roster isn't fixed. Counter point, the division blows)

Broncos: Under 8.5 (still think there's some Rodgers bloat here and that division is stacked)

Lions: Over 5 (I think they'll be scrappy and battle hard for Not Matt Patricia even if the roster blows)

Very interesting . I actually have a bet on Dallas for the SB. Betting on that incredible offense . I don’t think they win, but if they make the playoffs it’ll be an easy hedge . 

Im with you on Denver. 9 games seems like a lot when you’re in a good division with the worst QB. 

My dad loves Detroit’s under. I can’t get on it because I don’t think they’re a terrible unit. Below average , absolutely. With a little luck, 5 games is doable .

I don't know.  Look at this schedule:  https://www.detroitlions.com/schedule/  That is pretty tough.  It is also a team that lost it's: starting QB, leading rusher, top 2 receivers (AND Kenny Golliday who was out for 11 games), and has a first time head coach.  Give them a 50-50 shot at division games, is there any other games you think this Lions team is going to beat?  I'm seeing, maybe Bengals, maybe Broncos, and Falcons.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I don't know.  Look at this schedule:  https://www.detroitlions.com/schedule/  That is pretty tough.  It is also a team that lost it's: starting QB, leading rusher, top 2 receivers (AND Kenny Golliday who was out for 11 games), and has a first time head coach.  Give them a 50-50 shot at division games, is there any other games you think this Lions team is going to beat?  I'm seeing, maybe Bengals, maybe Broncos, and Falcons.

Weeks 3,4,5,6,8,10,12,13,14,15,16,18 could all setup to be winnable games for them.  

48 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I would add Philly and Arizona. I get it. The roster is very weak in places. I just don’t see much room for error . Goff with that O-line and a what should be decent running game might not be so bad. 

@R T & @Rainmaker90, I just don't see it.  I see a weak roster and 9 games against 2020 playoff teams.  3 games against the Vikings and 49ers, that probably roll them.  I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game in the division, and I only give them a legit 50-50 shot against 4 opponents, if everyone is at full strength.  

Looking at Denver, I think that is a 6 win team, depending on what you think of the Chargers.  I think Denver starts 3-0, then they face: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Raiders, Browns, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles before their bye.  I honestly think they get to the week 11 bye with a 4-6 record, and still haven't faced either the Chiefs or Chargers.

Obviously, they are all 0-0 right now.  And I am not an "I told you so" kind of guy.  I make predictions based on what I think I know, and see how and why they were wrong, then hopefully fix it again next time.