TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

6 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

@R T & @Rainmaker90, I just don't see it.  I see a weak roster and 9 games against 2020 playoff teams.  3 games against the Vikings and 49ers, that probably roll them.  I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game in the division, and I only give them a legit 50-50 shot against 4 opponents, if everyone is at full strength.  

Looking at Denver, I think that is a 6 win team, depending on what you think of the Chargers.  I think Denver starts 3-0, then they face: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Raiders, Browns, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles before their bye.  I honestly think they get to the week 11 bye with a 4-6 record, and still haven't faced either the Chiefs or Chargers.

Obviously, they are all 0-0 right now.  And I am not an "I told you so" kind of guy.  I make predictions based on what I think I know, and see how and why they were wrong, then hopefully fix it again next time.  

I don’t feel strongly about them either way. Tbh I think they go 5-12 and push . 

what do you think about Atlanta 7.5 wins 

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I don’t feel strongly about them either way. Tbh I think they go 5-12 and push . 

what do you think about Atlanta 7.5 wins 

Where are you getting the odds?

I don't like the Falcons either.  My thoughts here are very complicated.  I think they are a bad team.  I also see an off chance of them being a 2020 Bears, and making a wild card with an 8 or 9 win season, if things go right for them.  I think they are favorites, or at least 50-50 against:  Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jags, Lions.  If you give them those games, that is already 5.  Now is where it gets a bit more complicated.  While I would favor Dallas, Miami, New England, and Washington against the Falcons, I would not be shocked if Atlanta could pull those games off.  They blew a lot of leads last season, and despite a 4-12 record, they were only -18 in points.  Then we get to the Panthers and Saints.  Look at their rosters, and tell me that a Taysom Hill/Jameis Winston Saints, or a Sam Darnold Panthers is hands down better than the Falcons.  I can't do it.  I think the Falcons have just as good, if not better receivers and TEs, and I know they have a better QB.  

Depending on the odds, I think I am probably taking the over.  And I really don't think that the Falcons are very good at all.

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Where are you getting the odds?

I don't like the Falcons either.  My thoughts here are very complicated.  I think they are a bad team.  I also see an off chance of them being a 2020 Bears, and making a wild card with an 8 or 9 win season, if things go right for them.  I think they are favorites, or at least 50-50 against:  Eagles, Giants, Jets, Jags, Lions.  If you give them those games, that is already 5.  Now is where it gets a bit more complicated.  While I would favor Dallas, Miami, New England, and Washington against the Falcons, I would not be shocked if Atlanta could pull those games off.  They blew a lot of leads last season, and despite a 4-12 record, they were only -18 in points.  Then we get to the Panthers and Saints.  Look at their rosters, and tell me that a Taysom Hill/Jameis Winston Saints, or a Sam Darnold Panthers is hands down better than the Falcons.  I can't do it.  I think the Falcons have just as good, if not better receivers and TEs, and I know they have a better QB.  

Depending on the odds, I think I am probably taking the over.  And I really don't think that the Falcons are very good at all.

Odds are even for the under. It’s a fair way to look at it. The schedule isn’t the hardest. I also think Atlanta losing those games you have them as 50-50 are more likely then them winning the other non-division games. Hell, even The Jets is a wildcard because it’s in London. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

@R T & @Rainmaker90, I just don't see it.  I see a weak roster and 9 games against 2020 playoff teams.  3 games against the Vikings and 49ers, that probably roll them.  I will be surprised if they win more than 1 game in the division, and I only give them a legit 50-50 shot against 4 opponents, if everyone is at full strength.  

Looking at Denver, I think that is a 6 win team, depending on what you think of the Chargers.  I think Denver starts 3-0, then they face: Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Raiders, Browns, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles before their bye.  I honestly think they get to the week 11 bye with a 4-6 record, and still haven't faced either the Chiefs or Chargers.

Obviously, they are all 0-0 right now.  And I am not an "I told you so" kind of guy.  I make predictions based on what I think I know, and see how and why they were wrong, then hopefully fix it again next time.  

I'm not claiming they go over, only they are more winnable games then they may appear. 

People are guilty of handicapping win totals as if each team comes into that week on even terms, which is seldom the case. It's not who you play, but when you play them. And with another game added, that old saying will be even more true this season. 

When are the mental letdowns coming? They will happen, they happen every year and will always happen. Week 3 the Lion play the Ravens and there is a fair chance the Lions will be 0-2, yet the Ravens will be coming off a huge Sunday night national game with the Chiefs. If the Ravens win and are 2-0 that will be a huge letdown risk game for the Ravens, yet it will be the cornered animal game for the Lions. 

Week 10 the Steelers will be coming off a Monday night game and 6 days between and the Lions will be coming off their bye week and 14 days between. 

Week 15 the Cardinals will be coming off a huge division game with the Rams and a Christmas game just 6 days after a trip to Detroit, this game is a dangerous sandwich game for the Cardinals. 

That is just a few examples of uneven terms. How they all turn out is yet to be determined, but the Lions will surprise in some of those games.    

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Odds are even for the under. It’s a fair way to look at it. The schedule isn’t the hardest. I also think Atlanta losing those games you have them as 50-50 are more likely then them winning the other non-division games. Hell, even The Jets is a wildcard because it’s in London. 

All fair points.  It took me a while to write that, because I think the Falcons are bad. I immediately thought under.  But I looked at that schedule, and I don't think it will be too difficult.  And after looking at Carolina, I think they are going to be garbage, and I was never really enamored with the Saints, and they just lost one of the greatest passers of all time.

33 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

When Giannis was at the FT line and the fans were counting to 10, there was this guy with a stack of hundreds counting them… 

I did see that.  He had like 1500.  I was like, "I suppose I don't have that much cash on me, but this d-bag just emptied his account for what?"   

At the same time, Seahawks fans think Russell Wilson is cool.  He is a god damn dork.

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

If you live in, or around, Milwaukee, get your ***** downtown on Tuesday. It is going to be legendary. I was down there tonight and it was off the got damn chain. This city, which has waited 50 years for a title, is going to explode.

I'll be at the Cardinals game.  My seats for the Tuesday night games are right by the opponent's bullpen.  So I can talk **** to the Cubs relievers.  

Good for the Bucks.  I was a fan until they traded Ray Allen for an opened jar of mayonnaise.  I never really got back on board.