TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Just booked a hotel for tomorrow night. Planning to take off work and get in line for the festivities early. Any suggestions what time I should get in line for deer district?

I got there at 4 and it was pretty open so anytime after that. I'm going down at 3 for the Brewers game. Gonna eat at Major Goolsby's and then moving down towards Water so I won't be in the actual deer district for the game.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Norm said:

Vegas is usually pretty ******* reluctant to put an o/u under 5 games iirc, I never make season bets though, but I'm assuming that's what you're talking about. It does seem like a push at worst. But there's an extra game and all sorts of weird **** can happen with injuries and everything else. 

They won 4 games last year with Watson playing at an MVP level. 

They lost 3 of their 4 best players, replacing them with nobody . Watson, Watt, Fuller. 

Jacksonville imo is going to be a close to average team. And they have playoff teams in Indy and Tennessee to play . 

I can see extreme luck winning 2-3 games, but 4-5 I don’t see it. 

10 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

They lost 3 of their 4 best players, replacing them with nobody . Watson, Watt, Fuller. 

Jacksonville imo is going to be a close to average team. And they have playoff teams in Indy and Tennessee to play . 

Easterby is good for 6 wins on his own

11 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I feel ya, I sure wouldn't take the over on 4. But I probably wouldn't touch it either unless it was a few bucks. They have to be easy favorites for the first pick right?

9 minutes ago, Norm said:

I feel ya, I sure wouldn't take the over on 4. But I probably wouldn't touch it either unless it was a few bucks. They have to be easy favorites for the first pick right?

Between them and Detroit, I think they’re the overwhelming favorite.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Between them and Detroit, I think they’re the overwhelming favorite.

I just don't have the damn patience for the season bets. I need to bet and win now lol. There's also so many that look so obvious. I wonder how Vegas does on those over the decades. They don't lose but I'm guessing they don't clear much either. I'm sure they feast off the injury riddled teams?

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

To be honest , Car and Jax are my two sleeper teams. I think both of their young defenses can make a big jump and they both should be competent to good offensively . 

2 hours ago, Norm said:

I just don't have the damn patience for the season bets. I need to bet and win now lol. There's also so many that look so obvious. I wonder how Vegas does on those over the decades. They don't lose but I'm guessing they don't clear much either. I'm sure they feast off the injury riddled teams?

I love the long term grind. I generally do pretty well on them too. I only take under because of what you said. If your star players get injured then you’re golden. 

I hope you’re taking GB! 16-1, absolute steal. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Should it be the underwhelming favorite?

Overwhelming dog.

16 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

To be honest , Car and Jax are my two sleeper teams. I think both of their young defenses can make a big jump and they both should be competent to good offensively . 

We have wildly differing opinions on the Panthers at this point in the season.  

6 hours ago, beekay414 said:

It’s going to be wild man, and if the team handles business?  Mardi Gras Milwaukee style. I’m back here after being away from my family since 2019.  It feels real good to be home and I hope I get to see my city bring it on home tomorrow. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Refugee said:

It’s going to be wild man, and if the team handles business?  Mardi Gras Milwaukee style. I’m back here after being away from my family since 2019.  It feels real good to be home and I hope I get to see my city bring it on home tomorrow. 

Oh it's destiny. Bucks in 6 is written in stone. We're sending Paschke out with a title and ending a 50 year city drought for a title. I've always been a fan of this team but never did I expect to actually pull this off. I'm naturally pessimistic with sports so the fact that I felt so strongly after game 2, down 0-2, that we were coming back, says enough about it.

We got down 0-2 and I said "see you guys in a week tied." Boom. Tied. After game 4, seeing Booker's demeanor, I said the series was over. Game 5, the Suns shoot 55/68/91 on their home court and lose. They outshoot us 51% to 40% in game 4. Lose.

Destiny. We're grinding away like never before. Nothing pretty about it. Iconic moments and iconic resiliency. The Suns aren't cut out for this. You don't just go from 19 wins to a title. We put in our work and are battle tested. We're going to run them out of the building. It's not 5 on 5 tomorrow night. It's 5 on 100,000. Let's get it.

• Like 1