Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

10 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

I misunderstood. I thought you meant next year, dynasty style, we would draft college players. 

I don't like the idea of adding college players to this format. I think it adds way too many unknowns and would make judging teams at the end of this even more difficult given there would be even more projection. If EaglesPeteC is going to do a madden sim, it would make that harder as well.

Personally, I like the one draft for all. Hopefully not killing the excitement for you... Not sure what others think though. 

I'd love to do this, but it's always a challenge to get everyone back. 

23 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I agree with this entirely 

Let me try and explain my rationale for this a little bit. I'm 100% ok with removing it, that's why I asked for feedback. I thought it'd just be plain fun to try. I can understand the hesitation in doing it though.

The issue in the past that I've had with running these is very few people looked at a team fairly if they didn't have a young star QB (Mahomes, Lamar, etc.) because of the value placed on that position. The teams that built around an older QB, like a Brady, Rodgers, etc. would get judged harshly despite having an elite level QB. My idea of adding the college draft was to help give those teams an opportunity to immediately give a team a plan succession should they choose to strategize that way.

The same logic can be applied to other positions as well, but my primary reason for having it was to help create parity at the QB position. 

Curious to hear anyone else's thoughts before I eliminate it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NickChowaniec said:

I'd love to do this, but it's always a challenge to get everyone back. 

Let me try and explain my rationale for this a little bit. I'm 100% ok with removing it, that's why I asked for feedback. I thought it'd just be plain fun to try. I can understand the hesitation in doing it though.

The issue in the past that I've had with running these is very few people looked at a team fairly if they didn't have a young star QB (Mahomes, Lamar, etc.) because of the value placed on that position. The teams that built around an older QB, like a Brady, Rodgers, etc. would get judged harshly despite having an elite level QB. My idea of adding the college draft was to help give those teams an opportunity to immediately give a team a plan succession should they choose to strategize that way.

The same logic can be applied to other positions as well, but my primary reason for having it was to help create parity at the QB position. 

Curious to hear anyone else's thoughts before I eliminate it. 

I think that can still be done. Like if a team drafts Rodgers, but then also drafts Sam Darnold or something like that... I mean outside of Lawrence and Fields, I mean not a ton of college players would really get a look on roster with only 12 teams in the league you know? 

Rather than complicate it, let's just proceed without it. Nobody seems to love the idea as much as I do, which I'm fine with. :D

I'll post the order and get a draft thread started tonight. We have 12 teams which was my goal. 

@MikeT14 if I provide you with a list of the 12 names to randomize would you mind being our 3rd party to determine the order for us?

• Like 1

Just now, NickChowaniec said:

Rather than complicate it, let's just proceed without it. Nobody seems to love the idea as much as I do, which I'm fine with. :D

I'll post the order and get a draft thread started tonight. We have 12 teams which was my goal. 

@MikeT14 if I provide you with a list of the 12 names to randomize would you mind being our 3rd party to determine the order for us?

Yeah man, no problem.

5 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Pre emptively, I know ted is in France so if his time slots suck with France time, I may trade spots with him in the the order 

We won't have time slots for the first few rounds so you should be fine.

We can cater to his timing once we are ready to put in time slots, I don't mind.  

Just now, NickChowaniec said:

We won't have time slots for the first few rounds so you should be fine.

We can cater to his timing once we are ready to put in time slots, I don't mind.  

A little busy at work, so I did this preemptively based on the first page if this works for you. Randomizer that ranks a random decimal between 0 and 1 from closest to 1 all the way down.

Spot   Name
2 ::::::::::: @NickChowaniec
10 ::::::::::: @EaglesPeteC
12 ::::::::::: @bcb1213
4 ::::::::::: @jcrell623
1 ::::::::::: @grizmo78
9 ::::::::::: @festiveonion
11 ::::::::::: @CHOMP_CHOMP
7 ::::::::::: @Deadpulse
8 ::::::::::: @TedLavie
3 ::::::::::: @Blue
5 ::::::::::: @Ragnarok
6 ::::::::::: @Tyronnosaurus

22 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

A little busy at work, so I did this preemptively based on the first page if this works for you. Randomizer that ranks a random decimal between 0 and 1 from closest to 1 all the way down.

Spot   Name

Can we get an order that gives me a better pick? Lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Spot   Name

Thanks Mike! 

So it looks like the order is...

1) @grizmo78 - Denver Broncos
2) @NickChowaniec - Buffalo Bills
3) @Blue - Atlanta Falcons
4) @jcrell623 - ???
5) @Ragnarok - Tennessee Titans
6) @Tyronnosaurus - Dallas Cowboys
7) @Deadpulse - New England Patriots
8) @TedLavie - ???
9) @festiveonion - Green Bay Packers
10) @EaglesPeteC - Philadelphia Eagles
11) @CHOMP_CHOMP - Tampa Bay Buccs?
12) @bcb1213 - New York Jets

Can everyone confirm their favorite team for me? Reminder of rule #5... these are the teams you're representing for your 'favorite team' player selection, not your team names. You can name the team whatever you want. 

Edited by NickChowaniec
  • Like 1