Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

42 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

@NickChowaniec @grizmo78 @bcb1213 @CHOMP_CHOMP @TedLavie @Blue @jcrell623 @festiveonion @Deadpulse @Tyronnosaurus @Ragnarok

Look over this. Let me know if you have questions. I want to try it this way for at least one full "season" and we can make changes, deletions etc after we try this once. It'll be bumpy at first but we'll figure it out, or we won't and we'll scrap it, but hell, I'm going for it.....lol

Awesome. Can we start sooner than Monday? Lol

are trades allowed?

Looks good to me! I'm excited to see how it all goes! One suggestion is rather FA as year 1 you get to re-sign 1 player, maybe make it a percentage of your FAs? like 20% of your FA's rounded down?Just trying to make it equitable since we didn't necessarily draft with contracts in mind. Someone might have lots of year 1 FA and none the second, vs another having 1 FA year 1 and more the following. 

Edited by grizmo78
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Looks good to me! I'm excited to see how it all goes! One suggestion is rather FA as year 1 you get to re-sign 1 player, maybe make it a percentage of your FAs? like 20% of your FA's rounded down?Just trying to make it equitable since we didn't necessarily draft with contracts in mind. Someone might have lots of year 1 FA and none the second, vs another having 1 FA year 1 and more the following. 

You will resign up to 5 expiring contacts and the you can bid on 1 FA. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

You will resign up to 5 expiring contacts and the you can bid on 1 FA. 

I guess his point is one team might have 10 expiring contracts and one team might have 2.

How do we fill up our rosters if we have more than 6 FA?

8 minutes ago, jcrell623 said:

I guess his point is one team might have 10 expiring contracts and one team might have 2.

How do we fill up our rosters if we have more than 6 FA?

1) Sorry brah, can't keep everyone

2) the draft and post draft FA

Post Draft Free Agency

You can fill your roster here and we will do it on site through a draft in reverse order based on last seasons record. We will draft until each team has 53.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

1) Sorry brah, can't keep everyone

2) the draft and post draft FA

Post Draft Free Agency

You can fill your roster here and we will do it on site through a draft in reverse order based on last seasons record. We will draft until each team has 53.

I guess I should change that to 63 with the 10 PS squad spots

Using year 1 as an example, you can keep 5 expiring contracts, 1 Free Agent bid, 7 draft picks. That is 13 rosters spots there. If you need more players we can draft them in post draft FA.

What I am trying to do is simulate a bit of reality, in the fact that with 32 teams in the league, these 12 "super teams" can't stay together forever. You are going to have to make some decisions and prioritize who to keep

• Like 1