Shurmur for sure...

vike daddy

Only the New England Patriots (440.7) are averaging more yards per game than the Vikings (400.7), with the passing attack (285.3 yards/game) ranked third in the NFL and Bradford and Keenum combining to generate a 115.4 passer rating – fourth-highest in the League.

Wide receivers Adam Thielen and Stefon Diggs rank second and third, respectively, in receiving yards, giving the Vikings the only tandem in the top 10 and marking the first time two of the top three receivers in yardage after Week 3 were on the same team since the 2000 St. Louis Rams with Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt.

Rookie Dalvin Cook already has 288 rushing yards and trails only fellow rookie Kareem Hunt (401) in that category.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/5-Vikings-Lions-Storylines-to-Follow/4d8e5000-7841-43af-8167-2252e38a76f5?sf117192205=1

only trailing New England...? whaaaat? give it up for Shurmur!

Being a Vikings fan forever has led me to a life of general football pessimism. The results so far have been fun to watch and quite possibly sustainable, but I have to temper my expectations because we are only 3 games in and have been lucky enough to have certain things fall our way. I think the next few weeks could be very rough, but if we perform admirably then i’m probably going to throw my inhibitions to the wayside and get a Vikings Super Bowl Champions tattoo on my heiny... (not really, but I will be pretty hopeful for the rest of the season).

16 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

It must be nice, for a quarterback, to have an offensive coordinator who schemes and designs a playbook around you, instead of a 30 year old RB. 

i was wondering if that was going to get mentioned. because it does seem to be a large cause of the change we're seeing.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Keenum took responsibility for that one, saying he didn't get the ball out quick enough

Meh. I’ll agree that Keenum held onto the ball longer than he should have, and it’s good leadership for him to take responsibility. But Elflein was still more than 5 yards further down field than Berger and Remmers. 

Elflein needs to learn to hang back with the other big boys. Because even if Keenum hadn’t held on to the ball too long, if an official sees one lineman that much further ahead of the others, there is going to be a much greater chance at a flag. 

I was extremely critical of the decision to bring back Shurmur based on his past failures as the OC. I'm glad he's proved me wrong. It's nice having an offense that can make a backup like Keenum play well. I love that MN is amongst the league leaders in explosive plays (20+) yards. An explosive offense that can run the ball, backed by a great defense is a formula for playoff success.

20 — Number of 20-plus yard plays for the Vikings offense in 2017, which ranks second in the NFL. Minnesota has seven rushes of 20 or more yards, and 23 pass plays of 20-plus yards.

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/10-Vikings-Ravens-Numbers-of-Note-Adam-Thielen-a-Model-of-Consistency-in-2017/1c73857a-f3a7-46e0-932c-843eacbbf6dd?sf122833113=1

Archived