Shurmur for sure...

vike daddy

1 hour ago, Klomp said:

He might get some interviews, but I still have a hard time seeing another team hire him as HC this year.

I think Shurmur would need a few more years of success, with at least one year being an explosive offense, before a team would give him another shot at a head coaching job. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

you really think Priefer could beat out Shurmur for a head coaching job?

i know he's liked, even Zimmer likes him, but still....

It was interesting that Priefer was chosen over Shurmur as the interim head coach last year against Dallas. Maybe it’s Priefer that gets Cleveland’s attention as a head coach. He was born in Cleveland...hmmm ? 

4 hours ago, Frank Costello said:

Right? What in the world could they stand to gain from promoting a video like that? I mean it's not a secret, people know who he is. But come on Minnesota...

They aren't promoting it. 

Tom Pelissero: "When I was calling around to people in the NFL - executives, coaches, agents, everybody - a couple of weeks ago asking about head coaching candidates, Pat Shurmur's name came up multiple times. People think he got a raw deal years ago in Cleveland where the team was sold and you had a lockout, you had all these different things take place. I didn't realize how many fans Pat Shurmur has within the league and the work that he's done with this Vikings offense definitely is shaping opinion."

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/videos/Pelissero-on-QB-Situation-NFC-North-Shurmurs-Influence/3bfdf7a9-756f-4b93-8aa5-b6d80b6e1b5d

Pat Shurmur is now the Vikings Offensive Coordinator as Minnesota has a somewhat different philosophy on offense [than Norv Turner], and both Bridgewater and Shurmur said the quarterback is well-versed in the system. Bridgewater said he used the Vikings virtual reality system to mimic practice reps. And he said he feels physically and mentally comfortable after returning to practice three weeks ago.

Bridgewater: “This offense allows guys to just make plays. The previous offense, I think it was a more down-the-field offense, so this offense is a mix of both. I’m excited, excited to be a part of it, and I can’t wait. I have a ton of confidence, throughout this entire process, we did drills and simulated different movements that would prepare me for game-like situations, and I know it’s not the actual game, but I’ve had some great work throughout this entire process, and I’m very comfortable and confident.”

Shurmur: “It won’t appear different to him because he’s been involved in what we’ve been doing behind the scenes. It’ll feel not new in terms of being able to go out and execute. It’s similar foundation. We’ve kind of veered left a little bit in terms of some of the things that we’re doing more now that he didn’t do in the past. But there’s a lot things that’ll be very familiar to him.”

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Bridgewater-Focused-on-Helping-Vikings-Offense-Any-Way-Possible/1e529d1a-cc44-40ba-921c-457d4bd3f231?sf157488359=1

Archived