• X-Men: Days of Future Past
    • Avengers: Infinity War
    • Guardians of the Galaxy
    • Avengers: Endgame
    • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
    • Ready Player One
    • The Shape of Water

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/04/2020 at 08:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the 1st entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Fantasy movie from the 2010s! 

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Thursday, 6/4/2020 at 4:00pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@Uncle Buck@THE DUKE    @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

Not one of my five nominations got in?  Pass on all of these honestly.  Sadly even the five I nominated were all 3 stars maybe one 4 star but probably not, and all of these are 2-3 star movies.  I guess will go Harry Potter out of these suspect selections.  

I honestly want to shy away from comic book movies in the fantasy category, but this decade was so weak outside of the comic book movies. I think I'll end up deciding between Logan, Days of Future Past, or Rogue One.  But then, how do you leave an achievement like Infinty War/Endgame out of the tournament?   Arghh

As good as the Marvel movies have been, Ready Player One was one of the best movies I've ever seen both in story, visually and whatever changes they did make from the book, it was only because technology has only gotten better since the book was written and it reflected those advances. To me, this was by far the best Fantasy movie of the 2010s.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, scar988 said:

As good as the Marvel movies have been, Ready Player One was one of the best movies I've ever seen both in story, visually and whatever changes they did make from the book, it was only because technology has only gotten better since the book was written and it reflected those advances. To me, this was by far the best Fantasy movie of the 2010s.

It was a close second for me

Ready Player One was good but not great for me.  I think it needed stronger acting from the younger cast in particular.  I think i'm going with Days of Future Past.  I think that is the one I had the best immediate visceral reaction to when I first saw it and it has held up under multiple repeated viewings.