Training Camp

turtle28

12 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I hope he is working on his lower body too, otherwise he's going to pop a quad ala Kevin Nash 

I'm confused, he did a 1/2 squat at I think 585 pounds, that's a lower body work out for your legs and butt.

16 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Personally, with the way these guys are working and how they are looking I do not expect this team to take a step back, but a step forward in development this year. I think Terry, Steven Sims, Harmon & company at WR are going to play this season how they ended last season which was.... ”Really Nice!” In my cousin Eddie voice from the Christmas Vacation movie.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ebc4bd04e29e463491

Edited by turtle28

8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Personally, with the way these guys are working and how they are looking I do not expect this team to take a step back, but a step forward in development this year. I think Terry, Steven Sims, Harmon & company at WR are going to play this season how they ended last season which was.... ”Really Nice!” In my cousin Eddie voice from the Christmas Vacation movie.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ebc4bd04e29e463491

Hard work has to eventually translate on the field.  It's really hard for me to think this group is going to be anything better than average this year.  Which is an improvement over last year, but outside of McLaurin and AGG, I am not sure they have long-term potential with us.  I could always be wrong though.  

10 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Hard work has to eventually translate on the field.  It's really hard for me to think this group is going to be anything better than average this year.  Which is an improvement over last year, but outside of McLaurin and AGG, I am not sure they have long-term potential with us.  I could always be wrong though.  

Sims can’t be covered in the slot so bc of his quickness and sharp route running, I think he’s the answer there. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t consider him having long term potential with us. His route running the second half of last year looked better than even Jamison Crowder’s in the slot and Sims was a more explosive player when he got t he ball in his hands as a return man, on jet sweeps and run after catch. 

Harmon reminds me of a tough possession WR, he makes tough catches too, and made them vs NFL talent last year - unlike AGG. In no way at this point can I predict that AGG is going to be a better option at #2 than Harmon & Harmon is a great blocker on the edge for our run first offense which is huge.

On 6/21/2020 at 11:44 AM, turtle28 said:

Sims can’t be covered in the slot so bc of his quickness and sharp route running, I think he’s the answer there. I’m not sure why you wouldn’t consider him having long term potential with us. His route running the second half of last year looked better than even Jamison Crowder’s in the slot and Sims was a more explosive player when he got t he ball in his hands as a return man, on jet sweeps and run after catch. 

Harmon reminds me of a tough possession WR, he makes tough catches too, and made them vs NFL talent last year - unlike AGG. In no way at this point can I predict that AGG is going to be a better option at #2 than Harmon & Harmon is a great blocker on the edge for our run first offense which is huge.

Sims has to prove that me. I'd take Crowder over Sims any day in the slot. I understand Crowder has a couple more years in the league than Sim's but I'd also say Crowder even as a Rookie was better than Sim's. 

Harmon is a guy I would like to see become dependable like Garcon was. This group will be interesting to see develop with Haskins. If they really add Josh Gordon, that would be excellent IMO. A Proven still young #1 WR to pair with this group of guy's. Talent or Bad Character aren't reasons Gordon isn't in league, his issue was weed. Now that that's solved sign him please Kyle. 

15 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Sims has to prove that me. I'd take Crowder over Sims any day in the slot. I understand Crowder has a couple more years in the league than Sim's but I'd also say Crowder even as a Rookie was better than Sim's. 

Harmon is a guy I would like to see become dependable like Garcon was. This group will be interesting to see develop with Haskins. If they really add Josh Gordon, that would be excellent IMO. A Proven still young #1 WR to pair with this group of guy's. Talent or Bad Character aren't reasons Gordon isn't in league, his issue was weed. Now that that's solved sign him please Kyle. 

I don't have a problem giving guys second chances, and yes, the weed guys seem to be out of the Redskins, but Josh Gordon's issues have been weed for years.  He was just suspended for a FIFTH time in December of 2019.  I don't think that constitutes "solved" under any definition I've seen.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I don't have a problem giving guys second chances, and yes, the weed guys seem to be out of the Redskins, but Josh Gordon's issues have been weed for years.  He was just suspended for a FIFTH time in December of 2019.  I don't think that constitutes "solved" under any definition I've seen.  

How so if that's the only issue he's been suspended for and it's now not being tested for? 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

How so if that's the only issue he's been suspended for and it's now not being tested for? 

I"m not sure he's been reinstated yet.  

I admit, I forgot about marijuana not being tested for.  However, do you really want a player who gave up millions and was ready to give up his NFL career because he couldn't keep his love of pot in check?  Do you really think, even with it now no longer being tested for, that he will be fully committed to the team and be a contributing player?  

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I"m not sure he's been reinstated yet.  

I admit, I forgot about marijuana not being tested for.  However, do you really want a player who gave up millions and was ready to give up his NFL career because he couldn't keep his love of pot in check?  Do you really think, even with it now no longer being tested for, that he will be fully committed to the team and be a contributing player?  

I understand your point but I'd also say I'm not concerned about him not being a "Committed Teammate" under the circumstances he doesn't have to stop smoking weed.  Also when doing so he plays at a "High Level" Yes he does have to be reinstated. I see no reason that won't happen. If Bill Belichick is gonna give a guy a shot I'm definitely peeking in on Gordon if I'm the Skin's. 

Josh Gordon is now 29. I used to be interested in him like 5 years ago, given his age, I’m not interested anymore and he and Terry McLaurin play the same WR position. No thanks.

I’m much more interested to see these young guys play.