Training Camp

turtle28

5 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Interesting.  Them playing Fuller on the outside is not something I want to see.  This team has a long history of playing players out of position.  Fuller's strength is as an inside cb and I sure hope we maximize his strength.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Interesting.  Them playing Fuller on the outside is not something I want to see.  This team has a long history of playing players out of position.  Fuller's strength is as an inside cb and I sure hope we maximize his strength.

I would refer you to this post, sir.  Seems like someone is listening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, offbyone said:

Fuller is better on the outside than People realize. He was better in 2017 in the slot though. 

I heard JFM has looked good in the slot.

4 hours ago, 4209 said:

Watch how Young gets under this guys shoulders. Good leverage technique also. Can't wait to see how this guy does with with veteran OL.

Poor Paul Adams. I too can’t wait for the Young v. Christian, Charles, Lucas & Moses battles or massacres... 😂 

7 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I would refer you to this post, sir.  Seems like someone is listening.

They are listening, but this just seems like repeating mistakes of the past.  We love putting players out of position.  Of course if they really want to commit to putting players out of position, they will put Fuller outside and Moreau in the slot :) 

I will never understand why people seem to value outside corner higher than slot corner.  Great slot corners are hard to come by.  Kendall Fuller is an exceptional slot corner, I would not play him outside because he is simply good there.  But who knows, maybe they are just planning to make him travel.

8 hours ago, offbyone said:

They are listening, but this just seems like repeating mistakes of the past.  We love putting players out of position.  Of course if they really want to commit to putting players out of position, they will put Fuller outside and Moreau in the slot :) 

I will never understand why people seem to value outside corner higher than slot corner.  Great slot corners are hard to come by.  Kendall Fuller is an exceptional slot corner, I would not play him outside because he is simply good there.  But who knows, maybe they are just planning to make him travel.

@HTTRDynasty provided PFF analysis in the thread he posted in that thread where it was either last year or 2018 that Fuller graded out better on the outside than in the slot. So, perhaps we shouldn’t rely on what Fuller did in 2017, we should rely on more recent data. Also, Fuller never got the chance to start on the outside when he played for Washington bc we had Breeland & Norman on the outside, so how do we know that he wouldn’t have been good on the outside in 2017 when he was in Washington?

The answer is we don’t. Wherever he plays, I just hope he plays good to great bc that will help our secondary.

• Like 1