Training Camp

turtle28

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm comparing the fact your complaining about INTs yet one of the best QBs of All Time lead the leauge in InTs many year's. Also doesn't Eli Manning have 2 Superbowls even though he was a InT machine. Yes would be the answer.

So your whining about Haskins INTs should stop. I don't hear or read Professional Coaches complaining about them so why are you? Especially one's he's throwing in Practice compared to Real Games. 

Agreed on the practice int part not meaning much. People Overreact to practice ints every year, reporters report about interceptions in practice every year like they mean a big deal, they don’t. Just bc a QB threw an int doesn’t mean it was their fault either, receiver could’ve run the wrong route, receiver could’ve tipped it or OL could’ve gotten blown up into the QB or sometimes the defensive player just makes an amazing play.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed on the practice int part not meaning much. People Overreact to practice ints every year, reporters report about interceptions in practice every year like they mean a big deal, they don’t. Just bc a QB threw an int doesn’t mean it was their fault either, receiver could’ve run the wrong route, receiver could’ve tipped it or OL could’ve gotten blown up into the QB or sometimes the defensive player just makes an amazing play.

Reporters are doing their jobs, just like Haskins and all other player's. If anyone was to make mistakes I'd prefer them to be in Practice where they can be corrected. Some take what the reporters say and run with it. 

I already know there are those clearly Hating on Haskins. Wanting to see him Fail and will take shots whenever capable. I want him and all the players to succeed so the Team can Win Games or at least Compete. 

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

I'm comparing the fact your complaining about INTs yet one of the best QBs of All Time lead the leauge in InTs many year's. Also doesn't Eli Manning have 2 Superbowls even though he was a InT machine. Yes would be the answer.

So your whining about Haskins INTs should stop. I don't hear or read Professional Coaches complaining about them so why are you? Especially one's he's throwing in Practice compared to Real Games. 

To your first part, let Dwayne prove something before we compare his INTs to Super Bowl winners. I could just as easily compare his INTs to Winston or Kizer in your scenario. 

2nd part, why should it stop? It’s happening. It’s concerning. I’m not a professional coach. I’m an observer on a football forum where discussion is encouraged. That’s my observation.  

1 hour ago, Skins212689 said:

Reporters are doing their jobs, just like Haskins and all other player's. If anyone was to make mistakes I'd prefer them to be in Practice where they can be corrected. Some take what the reporters say and run with it. 

I already know there are those clearly Hating on Haskins. Wanting to see him Fail and will take shots whenever capable. I want him and all the players to succeed so the Team can Win Games or at least Compete

If you’re referring to me you haven’t read enough of my posts and are posturing off one you didn’t like. Congrats. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Well it helps maybe not to the extent you’d want it to, but I’d hate to see SDH get cut in favor of freakin Aaron Colvin or Danny Johnson, bc that’s basically what you’re proposing. 

Umm, no, that wasn't what I was suggesting. I was suggesting keeping a sixth corner instead of a guy like Anderson.

1 hour ago, Woz said:

Umm, no, that wasn't what I was suggesting. I was suggesting keeping a sixth corner instead of a guy like Anderson.

Anderson is our #4 DE, there’s nothing to suggest he isn’t. I do not understand most of this forums infatuation with seeing him gone. When he played last year he played well, arguably better than Kerrigan.

The choice would be between keeping a 7th LB - whether that’s Khaleke Hudson (who this regime drafted) , or SDH (Our best coverage LB last year) - or a 6th corner who also won’t be active on game days. I say keep the best player, you say forget that, you need a corner who’s not a better player w/ the potential that the young LBs have.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

To your first part, let Dwayne prove something before we compare his INTs to Super Bowl winners. I could just as easily compare his INTs to Winston or Kizer in your scenario. 

2nd part, why should it stop? It’s happening. It’s concerning. I’m not a professional coach. I’m an observer on a football forum where discussion is encouraged. That’s my observation.  

Ok let him prove himself. How has Haskins had enough time to do that with Covid-19 this season and then last season dealing with Gruden a guy that didn't prepare him to play his rookie year? 

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Ok let him prove himself. How has Haskins had enough time to do that with Covid-19 this season and then last season dealing with Gruden a guy that didn't prepare him to play his rookie year? 

Life isn’t fair. If Haskins doesn’t perform at least average this year, that’s on him. The Washington Football Team should be in the business of winning games - they haven’t been for the most part since 2000. If Haskins is bad this year and it’s obvious it’s bc of him and not others who let him down, they’d be stupid to pass on Lawrence or Fields while trading Haskins away like the Cardinals did with Rosen. For me to endorse that though, Haskins has to be awful and I don’t think he’ll be awful, he wasn’t even awful his last few starts of last year. I expect good things out of Haskins this year.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Life isn’t fair. If Haskins doesn’t perform at least average this year, that’s on him. The Washington Football Team should be in the business of winning games - they haven’t been for the most part since 2000. If Haskins is bad this year and it’s obvious it’s bc of him and not others who let him down, they’d be stupid to pass on Lawrence or Fields while trading Haskins away like the Cardinals did with Rosen. For me to endorse that though, Haskins has to be awful and I don’t think he’ll be awful, he wasn’t even awful his last few starts of last year. I expect good things out of Haskins this year.

Witch one is it Awful or Average? I don't want to hear that Life isn't fair BS. Put Facts where they need to be. Facts there's no I in Team. So I don't agree 1 Haskins determines the entire Team Winning or Losing. Especially when no Games have been played to prove that Theory. 

Haskins throws 4 TD's yet the defense gives up 5 TD's, how is that Haskins fault? Haskins doesn't play Defense. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

If you’re referring to me you haven’t read enough of my posts and are posturing off one you didn’t like. Congrats. 

Curious you keeping tabs on the Interceptions Kyle Allen is throwing? Read he has thrown a couple, don't see anybody mentioning that. 

7 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

Curious you keeping tabs on the Interceptions Kyle Allen is throwing? Read he has thrown a couple, don't see anybody mentioning that. 

Kyle Allen isn't going to be the presumed starter. He's not the future of this franchise imo. Dwayne is/should be.

8 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

It's not like I've sat here clamoring for him to not start and get that chance. I don't want Smith or Allen starting.

30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

It's not like I've sat here clamoring for him to not start and get that chance. I don't want Smith or Allen starting.

Clamoring him by putting the whole season on his shoulder's isn't what Rivera will be doing to Haskins so I don't understand why would fans. 

If Haskins got hurt who TF would be starting and be the next man up? Allen more than likely so I think it does matter how everyone performs if they are thinking about making this Team. 

43 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Kyle Allen isn't going to be the presumed starter. He's not the future of this franchise imo. Dwayne is/should be.

Kyle Allen has had a full year of this playbook and knows these coaches. His performance should match that. Especially being he may be needed if Haskins is injured or just totally sucks.