Training Camp

turtle28

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You love to see it!

I’ve been pretty clear that I think they should have traded Kerrigan prior to this past draft (once they locked in the Chase Young pick), but I have to say: seeing all the comments Young is making about how Kerrigan is schooling him in how to be a pro and how to take care of his body, I’m not nearly as mad that they kept him around. 

I think Chase is naturally a guy with “winning” tendencies and habits — in fact his character seems absolutely off the charts to me — but it always helps to have a proven vet around to reinforce that and show him how to do it at the highest level. In other words, if we’ve got to be “stuck” with an aging, overpaid role player on a short term deal, I’m damn glad it’s Ryan Kerrigan.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’ll go out on a small limb and say that I think Isaiah Wright will catch 10 passes for us this season. I think he starts on the PS, but I suspect there will be some injuries and other issues that will result in him being promoted and used for a few games. The fact that he’s also a good return man means that if Steven Sims goes down, he’s gotta be high on the list of replacements. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Haven’t seen much of him in camp, but the thing that sticks out about watching Gibson isn’t so much the actual change of direction (like a Barry Sanders or maybe a Shady McCoy), it’s the fact that he can do it without losing any speed or even mid-acceleration. It’s pretty wild. The more I watch him, the more I see the Kamara comparison. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

Haven’t seen much of him in camp, but the thing that sticks out about watching Gibson isn’t so much the actual change of direction (like a Barry Sanders or maybe a Shady McCoy), it’s the fact that he can do it without losing any speed or even mid-acceleration. It’s pretty wild. The more I watch him, the more I see the Kamara comparison. 

Yeah, being able to make a cut and not lose speed is a rare talent. It’s special. I just hope he develops as a receiver even if he’s going to be used some as a RB.