Training Camp

turtle28

12 hours ago, Skins212689 said:

I understand your point but I'd also say I'm not concerned about him not being a "Committed Teammate" under the circumstances he doesn't have to stop smoking weed.  Also when doing so he plays at a "High Level" Yes he does have to be reinstated. I see no reason that won't happen. If Bill Belichick is gonna give a guy a shot I'm definitely peeking in on Gordon if I'm the Skin's. 

That's fair.  I just have an issue if the guy wasn't willing to give up weed to save his NFL career, how committed to the NFL is he?  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So, I have concerns if the NFL is at all ready to have players return and have actual training camps. As it stands right now, training camps are set to begin 2 to 3 weeks from now and I’ve not seen any plan on how teams are supposed to pull this off.

As we all know, MLB, the NBA and the NHL are getting to set try to resume their 2020 season or start their 2020 season this month or next.

I have seen no actual plan from the NFL to do this, has anyone?

I’m sure they are talking about it with the NFLPA but it’s concerning that training camp is less than a month away and there are crickets in terms of an actual plan outside of teams having their training camps at their own practice facilities.

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, I have concerns if the NFL is at all ready to have players return and have actual training camps. As it stands right now, training camps are set to begin 2 to 3 weeks from now and I’ve not seen any plan on how teams are supposed to pull this off.

As we all know, MLB, the NBA and the NHL are getting to set try to resume their 2020 season or start their 2020 season this month or next.

I have seen no actual plan from the NFL to do this, has anyone?

I’m sure they are talking about it with the NFLPA but it’s concerning that training camp is less than a month away and there are crickets in terms of an actual plan outside of teams having their training camps at their own practice facilities.

Yup the Program Manager part of me is going nuts at the lack of preparation. We should be hearing about the steps they are taking ( if they have a plan) as even the media needs to know what is going on so they can prepare their people. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Awesome!! 🥂🙂

Gives us hope in keeping the name!

No, it gives them more time to finalize the new name & logo before the season starts - if it even does this year.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Awesome!! 🥂🙂

You are going to need to move past that. Season or no season has no bearing on the name change. It just means they will take more time on deciding what to change it to. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Awesome!! 🥂🙂

The name is going to change, and latest reports suggest no Native American imagery will not be used in the new branding. I'm curious who your new team will be? Are you going Ravens?

Edited by Marcus21

9 hours ago, Marcus21 said:

The name is going to change, and latest reports suggest no Native American imagery will not be used in the new branding. I'm curious who your new team will be? Are you going Ravens?

He knows, he’s just in denial which is fair, it’s not an easy thing for most people to accept especially someone like Ace bc he lives in Missouri and probably the only reason he is a fan of the team and has been for 40 plus years is because of the Native American Imagery, it’s was drew him in as a young kid or guy to the franchise.

So, unlike most of us, it’s probably harder for even someone like him bc he’s not even w/in a few hours of DC, so if he looses what he’s always loved the team for and the only reason he became a fan, what does he have now?

I live 25 miles north of DC, I’m attached to DC sports, someone like Ace isn’t. He’s attached to the Redskins bc of the Native American imagery.

If I were him I’d just become a Chiefs fan, Native American imagery, they have Mahomes, just won a super bowl and will likely win a few more at the least before he retired in 10-15 years.

Edited by turtle28

16 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

This year might be like the replacement players year. The top guys have money and might opt not to play COVID . Everyone will sign UDFA and street players Might be fun ! 

It will be like watching the XFL or AFF. Fun I guess bc it’s football, but not good football. It will only be fun if say the guys we put together, like say the Defenders roster, win games. If they suck, it’ll suck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

NFL & NFLPA to have a conference call on Monday to discuss plans for playing this season.

Yeah I just saw this on ESPN. Man let’s hope that they figure something out. I need football. Fans, no fans, limited fans, doesn’t matter just football.