Training Camp

turtle28

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Aren't rookie contracts essentially hold-out proof at this point?  Not sure if we have even had a rookie hold out since they put a pay scale out.  

Yeah there is still offset language that they usually bicker over.

• Like 1

Just read Latimer can report to training camp. He had a virtual court appearance and has another scheduled for Aug 20th. Man this guy has all the tools, hands , size , speed . Why has he been such a dud for 6 NFL seasons. Maybe the tool he's missing is between the ears .

55 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Just read Latimer can report to training camp. He had a virtual court appearance and has another scheduled for Aug 20th. Man this guy has all the tools, hands , size , speed . Why has he been such a dud for 6 NFL seasons. Maybe the tool he's missing is between the ears .

He has the tools, his issue may be between the ears, but he also got drafted by the Broncos when they had Demariyus Thomas & Emanuel Sanders and he's not a slot WR, he's an outside WR. So, he didn't get to play in Denver. Last year was the first time he truly got a chance to start and that was with a rookie QB, Daniel Jones. I have no clue if he can be a decent #2 WR, but as you said he has the tools to be one.

3 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Aren't rookie contracts essentially hold-out proof at this point?  Not sure if we have even had a rookie hold out since they put a pay scale out.  

We almost had a few 3rd round picks hold out, I think one was Gerron Christian and was over offset language? I think something to do with guarantees. The other one I think was either either Fuller or Fabian Moreau, we had another 3rd round pick that almost held out and may have missed a few days of training camp years ago.