Training Camp

turtle28

Main reason why I’m for KPL or SDH starting at WLB over Holcomb. I think Holcomb should be a backp at MLB behind Bostic.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp-redskins/nfl/washingtonfootball/gm-report/skins-spotlight-shaun-dion-hamilton

In the 2019 season it was his pass defense that caught the eye of NFL analysts.

The Montgomery, Alabama native, scored an 89.7 Pro Football Focus coverage grade which was second amongst linebackers, and his passing rating of 77.1 was 6th among linebackers.

Look for Shaun Dion Hamilton to continue to grow in 2020 in the new defensive scheme and direction of former NFL linebackers, Head Coach Ron Rivera and Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

Holcomb- I can't find it now , but I saw a recent picture of him and his muscles have muscles . He's bulked up and looks strong as possible. He said he can play all 3 spots .  He's ready - we'll see- I Iike him . 

I like him - I have nothing against him - but I don't think he's our best option at WLB bc he's not good in coverage, or at least he wasn't last year. I think he's a better option at MLB or SLB and if he's put on weight that points to them telling him that too. I guess we’ll see where Holcomb plays but again, it makes much more sense to start KPL or SDH at WLB IMO, and I would hope our coaches have enough sense to see that also.

The WLB has more coverage responsibilities and takes on less blockers in the run game than the MLB & SLB do.

Bryce Love should have come out after his junior year when he was #2 in the Heisman voting after Baker Mayfield.  We got a steal with him in the fourth just coming off ACL surgery.  

I think they should be preparing Holcomb to play MLB.  Bostic is a journeyman and pushing 30.  He should not be starting beyond the first couple weeks for a team that is rebuilding.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Bryce Love should have come out after his junior year when he was #2 in the Heisman voting after Baker Mayfield.  We got a steal with him in the fourth just coming off ACL surgery.  

I think they should be preparing Holcomb to play MLB.  Bostic is a journeyman and pushing 30.  He should not be starting beyond the first couple weeks for a team that is rebuilding.  

Agreed on Love, he's the poster child for leaving as a redshirt sophomore/junior while you're value is high.

I really, really hope Holcomb or SDH - whoever is going to be competing with Bostic to be the starting MLB - either beats him out or during the season looks better as you said and takes over for him. That would be awesome.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed on Love, he's the poster child for leaving as a redshirt sophomore/junior while you're value is high.

Agreed.  He must regret that one.  But I got to say, it makes me admire him.  He wanted to both get his degree and come back and prove that he was the best running back in the country.  Hopefully he still has that chip on his shoulder.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agreed.  He must regret that one.  But I got to say, it makes me admire him.  He wanted to both get his degree and come back and prove that he was the best running back in the country.  Hopefully he still has that chip on his shoulder.  

Yeah, I can’t imagine that he doesn’t have a huge chip on his shoulder.  To most fans he’s the forgotten man - especially casual fans - bc everyone knows Peterson and Guice and we just drafted Gibson. 

I really think he’s going to shock people when he gets his touches. He’s the most electric back we have in our backfield as far as break away home run speed and I hope he puts that on display when he gets his touches.

• Like 1