• Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring
    • Spirited Away
    • The Prestige
    • Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
    • Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
    • Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban
    • Pan's Labyrinth

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2020 at 08:00 PM

In this thread we will be deciding the 2nd entrant into the FF Best Movie Ever Tournament - Fantasy movie from the 2000s! 

Please see rules at the following thread:

Poll is up and there can only be one! Keep in mind the amount of votes the winner receives will help determine seeding in the bracket, so dont stop voting for the movie you think deserve the spot because its winning by a landslide, your vote will still count! Polling will close Saturday, 6/6/2020 at 4:00pm EST. 

@Calvert28  @Pickle Rick@Uncle Buck@THE DUKE    @Dome @The Orca @August4th @thrILL! @Malfatron @Elky @daboyle250 @rackcs @MikeT14 @Daniel @MWil23 @seminoles1 @scar988 @JoshstraDaymus @JonStark @animaltested @Ozzy @Bullet Club @AlexGreen#20 @Fresh Prince @KManX89 @TENINCH @SlevinKelevra @bucsfan333 @Ray Reed @Bucketheadsdad @kingseanjohn

1 minute ago, kingseanjohn said:

Between Two Towers and Pirates for me. Someone convince me.

Those were my top 2 as well. I went with The Two Towers. Hard to say why haha. If both were on TV at the same time, I'd put on The Two Towers.

27941661.gif?v=1565002650762

All the way......

The Two Towers is very good no doubt but in terms of an individual movie Pan's Laybrinth is better.  Hard for a single movie to go up against an entire series of movies though.  The Prestige is an awesome movie also but is not as fantasy based as some others are.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Avatar gets treated too harshly.  Everyone knows they loved that movie the first time they saw it.

I hated it. I understand I am in the minority here but I was thoroughly uninterested in the story, felt the characters were bland, and thought the pacing was trash. I think my lack of interest in the plot and it's beaten to death message affected my opinion of the pacing. 

Sure was pretty though 9_9

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I hated it. I understand I am in the minority here but I was thoroughly uninterested in the story, felt the characters were bland, and thought the pacing was trash. I think my lack of interest in the plot and it's beaten to death message affected my opinion of the pacing. 

Sure was pretty though 9_9

I hated it as well, just the idea of the characters for me.  Ok they are super tall but very human like, have primitive weapons and carry spears and such, all have dreadlocks, long ears and are blue?  What they are supposed to be all some skinny model physically?  Not to mention the wardrobe which is just a cloth to cover private parts very ummm... The Pocahontas similarities are pretty right on and sadly so, thus I do not find it a creative film and this visual marvel at all.  And have humans become avatars and walk around and have the same face they had as a human but blue, honestly it just sucked and I have never watched it again since the first time I watched it.  Super overrated and pretty crap so I am glad of the lack of any major attention it has gotten throughout this entire process.  

Just now, rob_shadows said:

Pan's labyrinth and it isn't even close, as much as I loved the first pirates move and the Lord of the rings movies Pan's labyrinth legitimately made me cry. 

Agreed, it is visually awesome and the story is extremely unique.  Absolutely fits the category 100%, the rest just kind of fit but are more action/adventure films with fantasy aspects.  Pan's Labyrinth makes The Shape of Water look like a piece of **** honestly, if anything should have a Best picture and Best director Oscar it is Pan's Labyrinth. 

• Like 1