How do you see the TB/TB experiment going?

Hunter2_1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It would be cringe AF. You can imagine the student vs master analogies can't you.

It's not going to happen, so no worries. 

we'll have to deal with it next yr, but I can't wait to see Brady play at NE. that will be a surreal sight lol

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

I see it working for a year where they make a playoff push but they get bounced in the divisional round. Then the wheels come completely off in year two. That’s what I’m seeing. I think Brady is sharp enough mentally to work around his deficiencies somewhat, but it’s clear he’s not the same player he was. We could see the signs of age in the 2018 SB and throughout last season. The scheme masked it well. Arians is not Belichick and I think Brady will he asked to do more things he isn’t capable of doing anymore. That said I think the receiving talent and defense will be able to at least get this team to the playoffs and then once teams get a full year of tape in year two, it’s over. 

The NFC South is NOT the AFC East.

They will likely go 8-8 or worse and I don't see them making the playoffs. Tom will likely retire once he sees this isn't going as expected and we will have the images of Brady in Bucs jersey floating in our heads like Montana in KC, Namath in LA, and Favre in NYJ. 

6 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

They will likely go 8-8 or worse and I don't see them making the playoffs. Tom will likely retire once he sees this isn't going as expected and we will have the images of Brady in Bucs jersey floating in our heads like Montana in KC, Namath in LA, and Favre in NYJ. 

So you think Tom will be bad? Or just meh..?

41 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So you think Tom will be bad? Or just meh..?

I'd say Meh. 3800-4000 passing yards, 22TDs and 13INTs. Not great, not overly bad. I think he will struggle to push the ball down field even with those targets cause he's not very good outside the pocket and arm strenght is suffering. Teams learned to force pressure up the middle and make him roll right or left. Dink and dunk with efficiency will still be there. If the Bucs happen to fall behind big, I'm not sure he has it anymore to stage a large comeback at this point in his career. 

12 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Their only real competition is NO.

Atlanta is at best mediocre and Carolina is rebuilding.

Edited by $andtrap

one thing i will say here, i've said it before too, is, anyone who uses the next two years if brady excels and the patriots flop to say brady was the reason behind their success is the mayor of clownsville tbh.

brady's going to bruce arians, mike evans, chris godwin, oj howard and rob gronkowski. bill belichick has jarrett stidham and a piece of chewed up chewing gum and that's it. no comparison. so yeah given the bucs will almost unequivocally outperform NE, this is the wrong take to take out of it ftr. just putting my tent in the ground here because i know people will unequivocally come out with this opinion.

4 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

one thing i will say here, i've said it before too, is, anyone who uses the next two years if brady excels and the patriots flop to say brady was the reason behind their success is the mayor of clownsville tbh.

I'm expecting it O.o But I reserve hope, because you don't see people judge Jordan just on his Washington times. In time, Brady and what he's achieved will be looked upon on a better light than currently, IMO.

4 hours ago, Shady Slim said:

brady's going to bruce arians, mike evans, chris godwin, oj howard and rob gronkowski. bill belichick has jarrett stidham and a piece of chewed up chewing gum and that's it. no comparison. so yeah given the bucs will almost unequivocally outperform NE, this is the wrong take to take out of it ftr. just putting my tent in the ground here because i know people will unequivocally come out with this opinion.

How will Tom, specifically, play?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I'm expecting it O.o But I reserve hope, because you don't see people judge Jordan just on his Washington times. In time, Brady and what he's achieved will be looked upon on a better light than currently, IMO.

How will Tom, specifically, play?

i think that tom's been on the downslope to some degree even the year of their most recent superbowl, in which they largely won the game in spite of him not because of him (though he did help engineer a game sealing drive late of course); though on the flip side a year earlier he threw for 500 and then the year prior to that he came back from 28-3 so it's not like he's been on the downslope for a long time. but to me he's definitely on the way down.

however, this comes with two caveats. the first is that as someone who's so damn good, he's got a long way to fall before he's useless. the second is that his style of play is one that will age better than a gunslinger like favre and i don't think we'll see him suddenly fall off a cliff; he after all wasn't ever the most ahtletic guy going around the circuit. as long as he's got his brain and he can get enough zip on the throws - even if there's a bit less than what we are accustomed to - he's good enough to help that bucs team get over the top given their cast

• Like 1