How do you see the TB/TB experiment going?

Hunter2_1

I look at it like this:

Tampa was on the brink of the playoffs last year late in the season and finished 8-8 with 30+ INT. Their defense the last 5-6 games was fantastic. If Tom can replicate what he did last year, which was unspectacular, moderately efficient, and almost turnover free football, they'll win 10-12 games. If he's above that with those weapons at WR and TE, then I think they could be looking at a 1-2 seed.

There's always that "dropoff the cliff factor" for a 40+ QB, but barring that, this is what I see from Tampa this year.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

The best TB in the NFC South doesn't even play for TB.

LOL.

And I see the Buccs going one of two ways.

1) Tom Brady is healthy and average and they go 9-7 or 10-6. 

2) Tom Brady gets hurt early in the year and they go 5-11.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

LOL.

And I see the Buccs going one of two ways.

1) Tom Brady is healthy and average and they go 9-7 or 10-6. 

I was joking. I have the Bucs winning the Superbowl this year.

Edited by SteelKing728

16 hours ago, scar988 said:

A bold prediction. He's made of rubber or something.

I can see anything from 7 wins to 11, but not through injury to Brady

Edited by Hunter2_1

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

A bold prediction. He's made of rubber or something.

I can see anything from 7 wins to 11, but not through injury to Brady

I did say, one of two ways. I don't think that team is very good outside of Brady, their offensive receivers and Marpet on that side of the ball. Defense is average talent-wise, but Bowles knows how to get the most out of guys. I was honestly hoping Bowles would have come to Atlanta last year to be DC because of how nasty his defenses are.

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

I did say, one of two ways. I don't think that team is very good outside of Brady, their offensive receivers and Marpet on that side of the ball. Defense is average talent-wise, but Bowles knows how to get the most out of guys. I was honestly hoping Bowles would have come to Atlanta last year to be DC because of how nasty his defenses are.

I would agree with that.  I know Jameis sucks, but he also threw for 5000 yards last season.  They did not lack production in the passing game.  Brady won't give out INTs like candy, but I also don't think his coming to the team at such an advanced age will be without growing pains, especially in a shortened offseason.

Falcons could have a good year and compete for the NFCS, and the Saints still look tough.  Not to mention the Panthers defense they'll have to muddle through twice.  They can win the NFCS, but I wouldn't bet on them to win it.

They playing in great weather all year against mostly bad defenses. I think the coldest game is on the road in Charlotte which average temperature is 50 degrees on that day. And that defense is going to be bottom 3-5 in football this year.

Look at the defenses, the only notable ones are the first month of the season, Bears/Chargers/Broncos. Saints play good defense and they’ll be at home Week 1. Outside of that nobody should be able to slow them down. The final 4 games are Vikings Falcons twice and Lions. I mean come on 

Edited by CP3MVP

I legit dont know....outside of my Bears squad Im looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Ive never been a Brady hater and in fact I actually like him, but he is gonna be super old haha.....how long can this ride last

That plus I think the Saints are loaded, Brees, Winston, Hill might be the deepest QB room in the league...and Payton is chill enough to get them all game action.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daniel said:

I would agree with that.  I know Jameis sucks, but he also threw for 5000 yards last season.

If Jameis sucks, wouldn’t it be sort of impressive for the cast/coaching to get him to be productive? And wouldn’t the team have to be pretty good to get to 8-8 with a QB that sucks and turns it over 30+ times? 

TB isn’t an all-star team but they’re pretty talented. Aside from Jameis-to-Brady & Gronk, they also added a blue chip OL prospect and retained pretty much the entire defense, which was young last year. Another year of experience for the young secondary and Devin White, I don’t see a reason to predict regression (aside from Barrett regressing to his mean). 

EDIT: As a side note, I’ve been saying they should‘ve bit the tender bullet and just signed Kareem Hunt. Having Hunt in that backfield is the (second) most obvious move to really hammer home the SB expectations. The first would involve going to the dark side and rolling the dice on AB...

Edited by Yin-Yang
  • Like 1