Jaguars bringing in Gary Barnidge for visit

pwny

Said I wanted this guy right when he was let go from CLE. He isn't in his 2015 form as you said above (would be great if he could rediscover it), but he would definitely be one of the top 3 TE's on the roster here imo. Very solid blocker and has shown the ability to be a pass threat.

For what it's worth, I didn't ever think he was as good as the numbers said he was in 2015. It felt a lot like when some of our random no-name garbage receivers would put up 800 yards, or 9 TDs during the Garrard years, just because no one else was there to catch a ball, so someone had to.

I think he was more akin to a 700 yard type TE then, and I think that's really all we need anyway if our receivers get back on track. I think it's possible he could get back to that type of play.

1 hour ago, iPwn said:

For what it's worth, I didn't ever think he was as good as the numbers said he was in 2015. It felt a lot like when some of our random no-name garbage receivers would put up 800 yards, or 9 TDs during the Garrard years, just because no one else was there to catch a ball, so someone had to.

I think he was more akin to a 700 yard type TE then, and I think that's really all we need anyway if our receivers get back on track. I think it's possible he could get back to that type of play.

Mike Kaye on twitter has also said to a couple people asking that he thinks this happens and it makes a lot of sense for both sides. I hope this gets done. The more competition the better, especially considering I don't really feel like we have a legit #1 TE (not that Barnidge is definitely that, but...). I do like what Koyack showed last year though.

17 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

The more competition the better, especially considering I don't really feel like we have a legit #1 TE (not that Barnidge is definitely that, but...). I do like what Koyack showed last year though.

Definitely agreed. Between Rivera, Koyack and Barnidge, you'd hope one is able to provide some form of consistent receiving threat. Not sure even among the three we'd get some high level TE production, but just consistent, reliable 50 yards per game from one of them would be great. 

37 minutes ago, iPwn said:

He left with no deal

Dang. Not sure why we wouldn't want to see what he has left unless it's about $$. Considering it's late July he can't have a ton of options.

Archived