Miles Sanders vs Derrius Guice

Danger

Which RB do you take?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Which RB do you take?

• Derrius Guice
    • Miles Sanders

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Give me Sanders, I like an RB that can play at least 6 games a season.

Yup. Guice is more talented when healthy, but he hasn’t been able to stay healthy in college nor the pros. No use talking about his talent or potential.

I think Bryce Love becomes the legitimate backfield threat for that squad next season anyway, especially once Guice has his annual injury.

If the question were between Sanders and Love, I would take Love; but for this, Sanders quite easily for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Yup. Guice is more talented when healthy

^Yup.

This thread has an extremely obvious conclusion given Guice's injuries.  What Danger doesn't want to tell you is that the post that was the genesis for this thread said "assuming full health" and ranked the Redskins RB corps over Philly's.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

^Yup.

This thread has an extremely obvious conclusion given Guice's injuries.  What Danger doesn't want to tell you is that the post that was the genesis for this thread said "assuming full health" and ranked the Redskins RB corps over Philly's.

Even when they're both healthy you really can't make the conclusion that Guice is more talented. Sanders is WAY more of a factor in the receiving game, and has shown steady improvement. It'll be nice to see what Sanders can do when the other team doesn't put 9 or more defenders within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage on most plays this year.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Even when they're both healthy you really can't make the conclusion that Guice is more talented.

If you truly thought this, why not make make the poll option "with full health"?  It's obvious to me that while you may believe Sanders is more talented when healthy, you don't think the majority does, which is why you made to thread/poll so vague.

3 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

If you truly thought this, why not make make the poll option "with full health"?  It's obvious to me that while you may believe Sanders is more talented when healthy, you don't think the majority does, which is why you made to thread/poll so vague.

I'm not saying either one definitely is, or isn't. I'd bet that Sanders is and is a more complete RB in the modern day NFL. 

I made it vague because allowing people to decide their own criteria was my motif. Sorry Guice hasn't been able to stay healthy, but he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet to suggest he's better than Sanders. They're both so young right now trying to say one's potential is higher than the other is a crapshoot.

I posted this in the Eagles' forum but the more comparable debate is Derrius Guice vs Boston Scott

Career Stats

Guice-  42 carries  245 yards  5.8 YPC   2 TD's   7 rec  79 yards  1 TD

Boston Scott 61 carries 245 yards 4 YPC  5 TD's  24 rec 204 yards 

Meanwhile Miles Sanders

179 carries  818 yards 4.6 YPC 3 TD's  50 Rec 509 yards 3 TD's 

Guice hasn't proven half of what Sanders has at this point in their careers 

Let's have him actually play significant NFL snaps before we start comparing Guice to actual NFL players. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Give me Sanders, I like an RB that can play at least 6 games a season.

Pretty much this. Guice is a monster when he plays, but his track record of staying on the field is absolutely awful. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is out of the league in under two years. 

Sanders hasn’t delivered the upside of Guice yet (as a runner) but I don’t see why he couldn’t. Sanders is already superior in the pass game. 

Edited by SpacemanSpiff
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Danger said:

I'm not saying either one definitely is, or isn't. I'd bet that Sanders is and is a more complete RB in the modern day NFL. 

I made it vague because allowing people to decide their own criteria was my motif. Sorry Guice hasn't been able to stay healthy, but he hasn't done anything in the NFL yet to suggest he's better than Sanders. They're both so young right now trying to say one's potential is higher than the other is a crapshoot.

Guice is actually a much better receiver than he was able to show at LSU in that antiquated offense.  The coaches were raving about it the last two training camps and he showed a little bit of it in limited time last year.  I'm sure he'll have plenty of opportunities to further prove it in a Scott Turner offense.  Still, Sanders will likely be the better receiver throughout their careers.  I think Guice is far and away the better runner though.

It's a pointless poll, as most will take health into account and Guice hasn't proven he can stay healthy.  

I’d rather have Sanders, but I think full potential-Guice would be a superior player to full-potential Sanders. But between the injuries and the toll that they may have taken, Sanders just seems like the better bet. He’s already a good player.

On 6/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, Danger said:

Even when they're both healthy you really can't make the conclusion that Guice is more talented. Sanders is WAY more of a factor in the receiving game, and has shown steady improvement. It'll be nice to see what Sanders can do when the other team doesn't put 9 or more defenders within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage on most plays this year.

Meh. I get it, he’s on your team and I don’t have a dog in this race... but as prospects Derrius Guice was clear and away the superior player to Miles Sanders. What he’s shown in the league when healthy has only backed that up. Guice displays superior RB vision to what Sanders has. I’ve seen it in college and also in the pros. Sanders is a talented player, has near elite athletic tools, but his vision is only C+/B- level while Guice is closer towards a B+ level. He’s an inferior athlete to Sanders, but RB vision amplifies impact. I also don’t trust Sanders as a ball carrier.

For those reasons I see Sanders career being consistently what he displayed last season. I have Sanders on the Marlon Mack level of consistent and above average to good level. Consistently in that 12-16th best RB level. Not bad but someone that could certainly be upgraded by an elite RB option.

On 6/7/2020 at 9:42 PM, HTTRDynasty said:

Guice is actually a much better receiver than he was able to show at LSU in that antiquated offense.  The coaches were raving about it the last two training camps and he showed a little bit of it in limited time last year.  I'm sure he'll have plenty of opportunities to further prove it in a Scott Turner offense.  Still, Sanders will likely be the better receiver throughout their careers.  I think Guice is far and away the better runner though.

It's a pointless poll, as most will take health into account and Guice hasn't proven he can stay healthy.  

Agreed his receiving skills were actually quite good, just underutilized... similar to Ray Rice’s receiving underutilization coming out of Rutgers.

Tbqh I don’t think any of it matters though as I see Bryce Love as a Priest Holmes level threat... and will take that backfield by storm. Guice is going to end up as a highly talented backup very soon IMO. Healthy or not (for Guice) I think Bryce Love is going to eventually be a top 5 RB in this league. Though in this upcoming season I’ll predict he has a Phillip Lindsay type of impact.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

If healthy, i pretty easily take Guice.  Whether that's a thing that will materialize?  Questionable i guess.

But when healthy, i still think Guice is the better back.  He's got a little bit more of pretty much everything to offer.  Like most backs though...still needs the quality OLine to run behind, or nothing great is going to happen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

How can anybody say that when healthy Guice is better? He has 42 career carries. Lol I know Miles doesn't have a massive track record, but Guice has 42 career carries, and I'm seeing him being called "a monster when healthy" lmao like are some of you serious?

Yeah even Guice being this 'monster' seems extremely reliant on looking back on his college production. 

He's barely been on the field in the NFL and when he has, outside of one monster game against one of the worst run defenses in NFL history, he's been ordinary. Sanders did more down the stretch in 2019 than Guice has ever shown in the league, this isn't close at all. 

• Like 1