Week 4 - Texans vs Titans!

ET80

I'm going to the game Sunday with my GF. Honestly I expect us to lose as well.  When can you actually recall an O'Brien led team with back to back good offensive performances? Texans D did a pretty good job vs Brady minus the last drive of the game for them. Titans have a much better line so we NEED to get pressure and make Mariota uncomfortable in the pocket. Titans defense isn't good so if we cant score on them then it will be a long day. Also we need to score early.  Titans are built to be a 2nd half team. They are going to wear you out running the ball with Murray and Henry.

Fantasy Draft day snafu left me with both Rishard Mathews & Erik Decker on my fantasy team (lost internet connection and autodraft gave me Matthews instead of Kevin White who I had queued - livin right I must be).   My team is otherwise stacked, so I figured I'd wait a few weeks to dump one of them until I figured out how the Titans targets would get sorted out - until I saw week 4 on the schedule.  Now I'm REALLY conflicted as I know one of the Titans 2nd rate WRs is going to go off on Kareem Jackson, I just can't decide which.  Matthews is a 7th round overachiever, but a smart receiver who can fool a moron like KJ25 who still bites into fakes like my drunk cousin biting into plastic fruit on Thanksgiving.  Speaking of plastic melons, Erik "Jesse James" Decker is just the type of barely-had-a-prime/past-his-prime WR that always turns the clock back 4 years on KJ25.  I would love to see a study of how many players had their final 100 yard or long TD of their careers with KJ25 covering them (Roy Williams, Joey Galloway, Nate Washington come to mind).  Then there is Taywan Taylor.  You always have to fear the #4-#5 injury replacement afterthought receiver when it comes to KJ25.  Who could ever forget the coming out parties KJ25 threw for the likes of Seyi Ajirotutu (SD) or Mike Thomas (Jax) and the long productive careers they had once they showed their dominance over the Texans #1 draft pick and 3rd highest paid player. 

Sure, Demarco is an easy fantasy play if healthy and Henry might even see the ball enough to warrant a start if the Titans want to go the easy route like Jacksonville did.  But, my money says with Cushing mercifully getting a fork stuck in him (or was it another needle?), the Texans run d and a competent offense with Watson forces Mariota to beat us with his arm.  The only question I have is if KJ25 just gives up and lets em waltz past us like Cooks on a final drive and 2pt conversion or if he steps up his game and gets back to his rightful place amongst the league leaders in penalty yards with some choice drive extending PI's & defensive holding calls.

30-17 Tenn (close game until 2 late Tds bury us). 

23 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

AdJ14kRwQZGduyPjODJWXg.png

tumblr_o8rx12Zsb51qep51no1_400.gif

I don't necessarily disagree with your shade, but the stats don't tell the whole story. Better stated, the front seven did a great job against Brady, and the secondary had a complete failure against him. Brady didn't have much time to operate, but when he had that extra half second to make a play, he did - Cooks and Hogan were running wide open on any route beyond five yards.

7 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

I don't necessarily disagree with your shade, but the stats don't tell the whole story. Better stated, the front seven did a great job against Brady, and the secondary had a complete failure against him. Brady didn't have much time to operate, but when he had that extra half second to make a play, he did - Cooks and Hogan were running wide open on any route beyond five yards.

And to be perfectly fair if you view Brady's 2009 game vs the Titans as his peak performance then he was definitely held in check.

Still have nightmares over that one.

Match up:
Tennessee_Titans_vs_Houston_Texans.png

Time and Venue:
Sunday, Oct 1, 2017 • Noon CT • NRG Stadium (71,795) • Houston, Texas
635835281467492196-USATSI-8676652-455x31

Radio: SportsRadio610 (610 AM, 100.3 FM)
Marc Vandermeer Play-By-Play, Andre Ware Color Analyst, John Harris Sideline

Television:
04-CBS-E-V2.png
Anchorage AK | Fairbanks AK | Honolulu HI (red)

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts (red)
Buffalo @ Atlanta Greg Gumbel, Trent Green (blue)
Tennessee @ Houston Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon (green)
Cincinnati @ Cleveland Spero Dedes, Adam Archuleta (yellow)
Jacksonville @ NY Jets Andrew Catalon, James Lofton (orange)
NO GAME due to local team at home on FOX (grey)

Preview:
Titans at Texans

Flip Card: PDF

Officiating Crew: Jeff Triplette "Still doesn't know the rules of football"

Uniform Combination: Steel Blue Jerseys/Liberty White Pants

Weather: 85° F partly-cloudy-day.png Partly Cloudy
Full Weather: Link

Roof: Closed

Know where you are parking:
Parking_Map_HEB.jpg

Flag Holders: Members of the TORO's Kids Club presented by Kroger
Homefield Advantage Captain: NBA Hall of Famer and Houston Rocket great Tracy McGrady
National Anthem: TUTS Star Students Performance Troupe
Color Guard: Boy Scouts Troop 212
Coin Toss Captain: Texas Children's Hospital's Dr. Charles D. Fraser, Daniel J. Penny and Jack Guyre
Halftime: TORO's Mascot Bowl featuring local mascots and the South Texas Youth Football Association's Brazosport Longhorns

Go Texans!

Texans declared WR Braxton Miller, OLs Jah Reid and Kendall Lamm, DE Ufomba Kamalu, CB Kevin Johnson, CB Marcus Burley, and G/C Greg Mancz inactive for Week 4 against the Titans.

Why is Mancz inactive??  Sounds like a suspect move... we'll see

Archived