Too much NFC East in Primetime

DigInBoys

It seems like every Sunday and Monday night game features either a matchup between NFC East teams or at least one NFC East team.

I know the NFC East has huge markets, but there are plenty of other huge markets or teams with nationwide fanbases.

Part of the reason I'm glad LA has teams now.

The NFC West now features the 2nd biggest market, then a top 5 market(SF) and two other markets which are trending towards being top 10. Putting it roughly on par with the NFC East.

In the AFC West now you have an LA team competing with huge national teams like the Raiders and Broncos.

So maybe we will start to see more variety in primetime with the LA teams.

Just wondering if this irritates anyone else.

i have not noticed but i'll keep a look out

to me the NFCE is one of the most competitive divisions which does make it interesting but it's not one of then toughest

i thought the giants would win it in a canter at the start of the year but they're going 6-10

dallas revolves around zeke and the line and if zeke gets rubbed out then i think they're a mediocre team

which leaves the skins and the eagles, both of which are decent all-round teams but they aren't super bowl contenders and still have holes prevalent in the roster

6 minutes ago, Shady Slim said:

i have not noticed but i'll keep a look out

to me the NFCE is one of the most competitive divisions which does make it interesting but it's not one of then toughest

i thought the giants would win it in a canter at the start of the year but they're going 6-10

dallas revolves around zeke and the line and if zeke gets rubbed out then i think they're a mediocre team

which leaves the skins and the eagles, both of which are decent all-round teams but they aren't super bowl contenders and still have holes prevalent in the roster

I want to note I'm not just referring to this season, it seems to be a historical trend.

This isn't the first time this has happened.  In fact I remember it being a theme for the last 10+ years.  It makes sense because 3 of the top 5 tv markets in the country are in the division (Dallas, new York, philly).  And the NFC East was arguably the best division in football last season next to the AFC West

It's a bit stale, but ultimately it comes down to the tv ratings, which is in the nfl's best interest

7 hours ago, DigInBoys said:

It seems like every Sunday and Monday night game features either a matchup between NFC East teams or at least one NFC East team.

I know the NFC East has huge markets, but there are plenty of other huge markets or teams with nationwide fanbases.

Part of the reason I'm glad LA has teams now.

The NFC West now features the 2nd biggest market, then a top 5 market(SF) and two other markets which are trending towards being top 10. Putting it roughly on par with the NFC East.

In the AFC West now you have an LA team competing with huge national teams like the Raiders and Broncos.

So maybe we will start to see more variety in primetime with the LA teams.

Just wondering if this irritates anyone else.

The league is having serious issues with ratings and you think it's a good idea to spread the primetime games around to teams without the same level of pull? Is this a troll post?

Archived