Dalvin Cook Holding Out

HTTRDynasty

Not sure where the McCaffrey narrative came from. I believe Schefter reported that Cook was aiming for a contract similar to David Johnson's (3y/39m). 

Either way, RB contracts are becoming a serious nuisance for teams. I imagine it will be further motivation for offenses to split carries and leverage a RBBC, just so these players don't have the leverage to make such demands. 

Edited by SaveOurSonics
  • Like 1

Cook is good, and when he's healthy and playing his best, he is close to McCaffrey in terms of talent.  The problem is that I just don't think he is the kind of guy who can elevate the team enough in the playoffs to make a difference for us.  A dominant defense can stop him.  I'd love to keep him on the team, but not at the expense of having to cut another good player to make his contract work.

Hypothetical - what does Dalvin Cook get in a trade, knowing there's a contract that needs to be figured out?

I have a hard time believing he'd even get a return on his original draft round - that has nothing to do with him as a player, it's just the position is no longer what it used to be.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Hypothetical - what does Dalvin Cook get in a trade, knowing there's a contract that needs to be figured out?

I have a hard time believing he'd even get a return on his original draft round - that has nothing to do with him as a player, it's just the position is no longer what it used to be.

BOB trade chart, or normal person trade value?

• Like 17

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

His talent is a 1st rounder, his injuries a 3rd rounder, so he is probably a 2nd rounder to someone.  They may even get a 3rd & 6th and call it a day.  Either way, it makes sense for Cook to hold out, as his most recent tape is very good and he's on that 1.3 million for this year (and it makes sense from the injury-prone position to hold out in the last year--allows body to heal more). 

tl;dr maybe he'll get Brandon Cooks hot-potatoed

• Like 1

So the union effectively negotiated away the ability for players to hold out, but at least they can now smoke all the weed they want without fear of suspension. I think this may be the kind of thing Rodgers was looking at when he suggested players were pointing to "wins" in the new CBA in areas that the owners couldn't care less about, while giving the owners wins in areas that they very much cared about.

• Like 3

In first 3 seasons has played 4 games, 11, games, 14 games in regular seasons, If you cant stay healthy at the most injury prone position you shouldnt be asking for an extension to be paid like a top running back. Especially after having only one good season so far in your career. 

Goes to what i always say better to not pay a running back and just draft one in 2nd or 3rd round of the draft as a replacement.