Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

8 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

This is bad. This is how he lost the superbowl. 

Yeah it seemed easy for the defense, to be completely honest. Not trying to troll.

The players said as much after - simple assignment and they were able to action it with hardly any trouble. 

Biggest drop-offs from first-read grade to non-first-read grade (QBs with 50 or more attempts on each, 2018-19, regular season only)
Player Grade on first read throws Grade on non-first-read throws Difference
Jared Goff 90.3 47.1 43.2
Ryan Tannehill 79.6 41.9 37.7
Joe Flacco 77.9 43.4 34.5
Dak Prescott 83.9 54.1 29.8
Mitchell Trubisky 65.8 38.5 27.3
Derek Carr 84.5 59.7 24.8
Nick Mullens 72.9 48.5 24.4
Daniel Jones 72.2 48.5 23.7
Philip Rivers 89.3 66.2 23.1
Gardner Minshew 77.0 54.3 22.7

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-the-best-quarterbacks-on-first-and-second-read-throws-patrick-mahomes-drew-brees-aaron-rodgers

Edited by HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:
Biggest drop-offs from first-read grade to non-first-read grade (QBs with 50 or more attempts on each, 2018-19, regular season only)
Player Grade on first read throws Grade on non-first-read throws Difference
Jared Goff 90.3 47.1 43.2
Ryan Tannehill 79.6 41.9 37.7
Joe Flacco 77.9 43.4 34.5
Dak Prescott 83.9 54.1 29.8
Mitchell Trubisky 65.8 38.5 27.3
Derek Carr 84.5 59.7 24.8
Nick Mullens 72.9 48.5 24.4
Daniel Jones 72.2 48.5 23.7
Philip Rivers 89.3 66.2 23.1
Gardner Minshew 77.0 54.3 22.7

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-ranking-the-best-quarterbacks-on-first-and-second-read-throws-patrick-mahomes-drew-brees-aaron-rodgers

Trubisky needs a trophy.

2 hours ago, GordyTheGoffer said:

Dude, Goff's worst season was his rookie year.

He didn't start the whole season, and Rookie seasons for QBs are throwaway years. Technically yes, Goff was bad that year, but for all intents and purposes I discount Rookie QB seasons on principal.

• Like 1

For all the griping about Tampa's defense, they finished 6th best in yards per play. Just shows you what 30 INT's by the offense will do to you. Jameis threw 7 Pick-6's, and maybe 10 where the opponent started in the red zone. "Points Against" is a misleading stat. PFR also factors in defensive scoring for PPG against, which is wrong.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm

Edited by Tetsujin
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tetsujin said:

For all the griping about Tampa's defense, they finished 6th best in yards per play. Just shows you what 30 INT's by the offense will do to you. Jameis threw 7 Pick-6's, and maybe 10 where the opponent started in the red zone. "Points Against" is a misleading stat. PFR also factors in defensive scoring for PPG against, which is wrong.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/opp.htm

Tampa really struggled during the first half of the year in the secondary/passing defense.   You can chalk this up to a couple of things and the major one I feel was how young the secondary was.      The "veteran"  in the secondary was VHIII (who was cut after about 8 games and ended up on the Texasns).   Other than that they had 1st and 2nd-year guys out there trying to learn how to play in Bowles defense.  

Going into this season I think the main issue will be their depth along the D-line.  They have really no one to back up JPP and Barrett.  Last year they had Carl Nassib who was definitely a good back up.  JPP has had injury concerns and is getting up there with age.  That I feel will be the main concern on the defensive side.  Anthony Nelson who was drafted last year hasn't shown much and he will essentially be that third guy as of now.  Suh is also getting up there in age and has shown he is on the decline as well.   They don't really have anyone who can fill his spot either.  The best they have are late-round or undrafted guys behind him that haven't shown much.   Depth is a big concern for a lot of the positions on the defensive side for Tampa.

On 6/17/2020 at 4:44 PM, Danger said:

It's weird to think that we have already seen Goff have his best and worst seasons in his entire career.... within the span of the last two seasons.

Isn't this true of any quarterback after two years of starting?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DannyB said:

Isn't this true of any quarterback after two years of starting?

He's been a start for 3 (3.5 seasons)

And no, I'm implying that he's already reached the high and low points of his entire career.

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

He's been a start for 3 (3.5 seasons)

Yes I know, but it's not weird that a starter for three seasons has had two consecutive seasons that appear to be their best, and their worst.

4 minutes ago, Danger said:

And no, I'm implying that he's already reached the high and low points of his entire career.

Could be, but I wouldn't be surprised if he posts a worse one at some point. I would be slightly surprised if he ever has one better, but it could happen.