Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

10 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I like this one, but I think its fair to interpret it a couple of different ways

Does it mean Herbert still has a ton of room to grow since he is elite under pressure, and has room to improve his clean pocket performance?

Or does his average clean pocket performance mean he is just okay, and that his under pressure stat regresses to the mean?

He's worth watching and following

On 7/2/2021 at 4:57 AM, Tk3 said:

I like this one, but I think its fair to interpret it a couple of different ways

Does it mean Herbert still has a ton of room to grow since he is elite under pressure, and has room to improve his clean pocket performance?

Or does his average clean pocket performance mean he is just okay, and that his under pressure stat regresses to the mean?

He's worth watching and following

I think this kinda dives into it.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This is wild..

Idk if I agree with the tone of this

65% chance of not being bottom 5 is still a 35% chance of being bottom 5. That's still a very overweight likelihood, and one that you shouldn't feel positive about

The overall takeaway from this should be that bottom 5 defenses mostly go on to be relatively bad defenses the next year

• Like 1

That tweet is also horrendously worded. They flip back and forth repeatedly between calling it top 5 and bottom 5, even though they're always referring to bottom 5, and they have the chart reversed from the norm, so what would normally be called bottom 5 is at the top of the chart. Had to read through it and look at the chart multiple times to understand what they were actually talking about.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Idk if I agree with the tone of this

65% chance of not being bottom 5 is still a 35% chance of being bottom 5. That's still a very overweight likelihood, and one that you shouldn't feel positive about

The overall takeaway from this should be that bottom 5 defenses mostly go on to be relatively bad defenses the next year

and a 40% chance of huge improvement 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The man needs to become a coach today. Really hoping that Andy brings him in next year when/if Bienemy moves on and other guys get promoted.

Think he'd be an excellent coach. I've mentioned that as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/3/2021 at 2:26 PM, Jakuvious said:

That tweet is also horrendously worded. They flip back and forth repeatedly between calling it top 5 and bottom 5, even though they're always referring to bottom 5, and they have the chart reversed from the norm, so what would normally be called bottom 5 is at the top of the chart. Had to read through it and look at the chart multiple times to understand what they were actually talking about.

The biggest problem with this is using EPA/play. EPA itself is a weird equation in order to try and separate each individual on the field and rate each player impact based ONLY on the outcome (it's only using raw data and not actual film study). Which itself is wrong in so many ways.

Something like this can work with the NBA where only one player can make a difference, but the NFL is the ultimate team sport and there are too many players and factors to put this into any reasonable variable.