Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

 

 

I like this one, but I think its fair to interpret it a couple of different ways

Does it mean Herbert still has a ton of room to grow since he is elite under pressure, and has room to improve his clean pocket performance?

Or does his average clean pocket performance mean he is just okay, and that his under pressure stat regresses to the mean?

He's worth watching and following

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2021 at 4:57 AM, Tk3 said:

I like this one, but I think its fair to interpret it a couple of different ways

Does it mean Herbert still has a ton of room to grow since he is elite under pressure, and has room to improve his clean pocket performance?

Or does his average clean pocket performance mean he is just okay, and that his under pressure stat regresses to the mean?

He's worth watching and following

I think this kinda dives into it.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

This is wild..

 

Idk if I agree with the tone of this

65% chance of not being bottom 5 is still a 35% chance of being bottom 5. That's still a very overweight likelihood, and one that you shouldn't feel positive about

The overall takeaway from this should be that bottom 5 defenses mostly go on to be relatively bad defenses the next year

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That tweet is also horrendously worded. They flip back and forth repeatedly between calling it top 5 and bottom 5, even though they're always referring to bottom 5, and they have the chart reversed from the norm, so what would normally be called bottom 5 is at the top of the chart. Had to read through it and look at the chart multiple times to understand what they were actually talking about.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Idk if I agree with the tone of this

65% chance of not being bottom 5 is still a 35% chance of being bottom 5. That's still a very overweight likelihood, and one that you shouldn't feel positive about

The overall takeaway from this should be that bottom 5 defenses mostly go on to be relatively bad defenses the next year

and a 40% chance of huge improvement 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Forge said:

The NFL will miss you, Alex Smith

The man needs to become a coach today. Really hoping that Andy brings him in next year when/if Bienemy moves on and other guys get promoted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

The man needs to become a coach today. Really hoping that Andy brings him in next year when/if Bienemy moves on and other guys get promoted.

Think he'd be an excellent coach. I've mentioned that as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/3/2021 at 2:26 PM, Jakuvious said:

That tweet is also horrendously worded. They flip back and forth repeatedly between calling it top 5 and bottom 5, even though they're always referring to bottom 5, and they have the chart reversed from the norm, so what would normally be called bottom 5 is at the top of the chart. Had to read through it and look at the chart multiple times to understand what they were actually talking about.

The biggest problem with this is using EPA/play. EPA itself is a weird equation in order to try and separate each individual on the field and rate each player impact based ONLY on the outcome (it's only using raw data and not actual film study). Which itself is wrong in so many ways.

Something like this can work with the NBA where only one player can make a difference, but the NFL is the ultimate team sport and there are too many players and factors to put this into any reasonable variable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...