Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

On 8/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, Matts4313 said:

Its been a while since statistics courses, but its odd to me that the entire bell curve is just 1 win. 

my immediate thoughts as well

I guess that's just a mark of parity -- or a bias in betting lines that tends to shade win projections closer to .500

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Didn’t know where to post this, so here is gonna have to do. Good video, aligns with what I’ve thought.

maybe unpopular opinion, but I generally disagree with this video. Videos main arguments being "Browns weren't trying to use Odell in the way the media is expecting them to" and "teams get better throughout the year, so it was normal for Baker to improve, even after Odell went down"

I'll fully agree on point #1 -- but that actually supports the argument that you should move on from him. You're paying him large sums of money for a role that is worth much smaller sums of money. Move him for other more usable assets if he doesn't really fit in your offense in a way that utilizes his skill set

And the second point is garbage.. ALL teams should have that year long continuity benefit. So should the defenses that Baker is playing.

I'm not buying the narrative that Odell is suddenly a bad WR.. but I AM buying the narrative that there is either a chemistry issue between Baker/Odell, or that the scheme doesn't get the most out of Odell's talents. Either way, you're doing no favors to the team to have him there eating up cap and being a media focal point

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

maybe unpopular opinion, but I generally disagree with this video. Videos main arguments being "Browns weren't trying to use Odell in the way the media is expecting them to" and "teams get better throughout the year, so it was normal for Baker to improve, even after Odell went down"

I'll fully agree on point #1 -- but that actually supports the argument that you should move on from him. You're paying him large sums of money for a role that is worth much smaller sums of money. Move him for other more usable assets if he doesn't really fit in your offense in a way that utilizes his skill set

And the second point is garbage.. ALL teams should have that year long continuity benefit. So should the defenses that Baker is playing.

I'm not buying the narrative that Odell is suddenly a bad WR.. but I AM buying the narrative that there is either a chemistry issue between Baker/Odell, or that the scheme doesn't get the most out of Odell's talents. Either way, you're doing no favors to the team to have him there eating up cap and being a media focal point

Well for a WR and a QB it’s doubly important to have continuity and chemistry. Not to mention this is was a brand new offense. 

The video points out that the chemistry was an issue but that’s not to say they can’t form good chemistry. They’re inability so far  to do so is largely circumstantial. Also the video doesn’t highlight that Odell’s talents are being utilised, if anything it’s saying even within the role he has in the offense he’s not getting the targets that he should because Baker was tentative. A lot of yards were left on the field as a result. 

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Well for a WR and a QB it’s doubly important to have continuity and chemistry. Not to mention this is was a brand new offense. 

The video points out that the chemistry was an issue but that’s not to say they can’t form good chemistry. They’re inability so far  to do so is largely circumstantial. Also the video doesn’t highlight that Odell’s talents are being utilised, if anything it’s saying even within the role he has in the offense he’s not getting the targets that he should because Baker was tentative. A lot of yards were left on the field as a result. 

I agree with everything you've said

But I also think every word you've said supports the argument that its just not a good pairing... I don't really understand the counter argument to it

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

I agree with everything you've said

But I also think every word you've said supports the argument that its just not a good pairing... I don't really understand the counter argument to it

That could be a possibility but that ain’t on Odell, that’s on Baker. 

9 hours ago, Tk3 said:
On 8/2/2021 at 10:04 AM, Matts4313 said:

Its been a while since statistics courses, but its odd to me that the entire bell curve is just 1 win. 

my immediate thoughts as well

I guess that's just a mark of parity -- or a bias in betting lines that tends to shade win projections closer to .500

It's also because that is average. 1 win average difference accounts for 17 win difference overall in the schedule. And if you think about record 17 wins is actually a 34 game swing in that if you go .500 and change 17 losses to wins you'd be 34 games over .500. Which would be around a 6% difference in win% of opponents

58 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

It's the reason you are better off refreshing at the position every 5 or so. 

If you have a stud, maybe you look to extend him early so you can keep him for a 6th year, but I'm year 5 you should have his replacement on the roster and ready to roll.