Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

With Fields announced as the starter against the Browns, and Davis Mills starting Thursday, there will be 5 starting rookie QBs in Week 3 (Jones, Lawrence, Wilson). Is that a record? I was trying to find data on that but was struggling. 

Add in 2nd year guys starting this weekend (Herbert, Eason, Burrow, Hurts) and you've got 9/32 starters within their first two years. Not sure if I missed anyone.  

Have to share the good and the bad. Dan is either clutch or a sieve...

If Sorensen continues to play 100% of the defensive snaps and miss tackles at his current rate, he’ll have 76 missed tackles at the end of Week 17. To put that number into context, the defender with the most missed tackles in 2020 had 22 missed tackles.

• Like 2

@SkippyX => dude, I just saw this on reddit. Someone wrote an article dedicated to you. 

Skippy - teams run more when they are winning

Apparently the Cowboys are 25 - 0 under Dak when the Cowboys have more running attempts than passing attempts in a game.

The knee-jerk reaction here is that the Cowboys need to win games by running the ball and that play-calling should shift away from putting the ball into Dak’s hands and rather to Zeke and Pollard.

The reason this stat is misleading is because NFL teams run the ball when they are already winning the game to run out the clock.

Let’s take a look at the data. I pulled every game from 2016 to now where Dak played significant minutes. Then I grouped every play by the in-game win probability in 1% buckets. I then calculated the run rate for each of those plays in the 1% bucket, and plotted it out.

defeat_skip.png?format=1500w

• Like 1