Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

Just a few interesting stats for the Raiders from the Dolphins game and the first 3 weeks overall...

The safety forced by Casey Hayward against the Dolphins was his first reception allowed on the season. Pretty solid way to make up for your first catch allowed by securing the tackle for the safety.

The Raiders had 10 plays of 20 or more yards against the Dolphins yesterday. That is tied for the most such plays by any team in the NFL in the past 5 seasons. 

On the season Brian Edwards leads the entire NFL in receiving yards in the 4th quarter or overtime (163 yards on 7 receptions). Second in the NFL? Henry Ruggs III (with 130 yards on 5 receptions).

On the season Derek Carr has 1203 passing yards through 3 weeks. Making him 4th all time in NFL history in passing yardage through 3 weeks, including making him one of only 4 QBs to throw for 1200+ yards in their first 3 games. 

Carr also now has 5 straight games (dating back to week 16 of 2020) of 325 passing yards or more, joining him with Rich Gannon (six games in 02), Drew Brees (five games in 2011), and Kurt Warner (five games in 2000 & five games in 2008) as the only 4 players in NFL history to throw for at least 325 yards in 5 straight games.

The Raiders are the 2nd team since OT was instituted in 1974 to start their season 3-0 with 2 wins coming in OT. The first was the 1995 Kansas City Chiefs (saw conflicting reports the Falcons also did in the same season but haven't verified that myself one way or another). The Chiefs finished 13-3 that season for those curious. 

The Raiders this season are also the first team in NFL history to start the season with 3 straight wins over teams that won 10 or more games the previous season. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mr Raider said:

Just a few interesting stats for the Raiders from the Dolphins game and the first 3 weeks overall...

The safety forced by Casey Hayward against the Dolphins was his first reception allowed on the season. Pretty solid way to make up for your first catch allowed by securing the tackle for the safety.

The Raiders had 10 plays of 20 or more yards against the Dolphins yesterday. That is tied for the most such plays by any team in the NFL in the past 5 seasons. 

On the season Brian Edwards leads the entire NFL in receiving yards in the 4th quarter or overtime (163 yards on 7 receptions). Second in the NFL? Henry Ruggs III (with 130 yards on 5 receptions).

On the season Derek Carr has 1203 passing yards through 3 weeks. Making him 4th all time in NFL history in passing yardage through 3 weeks, including making him one of only 4 QBs to throw for 1200+ yards in their first 3 games. 

Carr also now has 5 straight games (dating back to week 16 of 2020) of 325 passing yards or more, joining him with Rich Gannon (six games in 02), Drew Brees (five games in 2011), and Kurt Warner (five games in 2000 & five games in 2008) as the only 4 players in NFL history to throw for at least 325 yards in 5 straight games.

The Raiders are the 2nd team since OT was instituted in 1974 to start their season 3-0 with 2 wins coming in OT. The first was the 1995 Kansas City Chiefs (saw conflicting reports the Falcons also did in the same season but haven't verified that myself one way or another). The Chiefs finished 13-3 that season for those curious. 

The Raiders this season are also the first team in NFL history to start the season with 3 straight wins over teams that won 10 or more games the previous season. 

Lol wait til they play a real team. I know we’re salivating at the thought of playing these frauds.

21 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Lol wait til they play a real team. I know we’re salivating at the thought of playing these frauds.

I mean ok? I know you are very passionate that the Raiders are terrible. But they beat teams that won 12, 11, and 10 games last season. One team going on to beat the vaunted Chiefs, the other pretty handily beat the Bills week 1 and that game was on the road with an early kickoff for a western team. 

I'm not saying the Raiders are a super bowl contender. I don't believe they are. But the offense has looked fantastic while playing with a patch work OL down multiple starters, without our pro bowl RB Jacobs for the last 2 games. And the defense looks significantly improved from the unit that the past two years would have assuredly given up 25+ points to all 3 teams regardless of situation because the defense has been historically bad. 

I'm sure the Raiders will come back down to earth. They obviously aren't going undefeated. But they look good enough to make the playoffs. And regardless, I've suffered through the past 20 years so regardless of what may happen or how legit you believe the Raiders are, I'm going to enjoy 3-0 the same way you would if your team was in the same position.

You are what your record says and all that. And regardless of what happens from here on out, literally none of those stats that I posted will change or not be the case as of the time I posted them. And only the WRs being top 2 in 4th quarter/OT have any possibility of not being the case as the season progresses. The rest will forever be the stats, even if the Raiders fail to win another game. So..... 

McVay is now (40-0) when his team is leading at the half.

Goff is (0-10) without McVay. McVay is (4-0) without Goff. Two of those games were big games. Week 17 last season when Wofford started against the Cards. It was essentially a win and get into the playoffs for the Rams. The Rams obviously won. This season the Rams biggest game of the year against the Bucs yesterday and the Rams won with Stafford. 

9 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Don't be a Kirill. Raiders will be tough. They have alot of inside info on us. I mean it's a different system than the former Chargers faced or know. But they know players nuances. It should be a good game. But CHARGERS typically drop these types of games after big road wins. But we will see. This team feels different. But so do the Raiders.

• Like 1