Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

So the guy just missed on the TD stat?

Technically yes, but I think he was only using a sample size of Terry and all receivers taken before him. With that qualifier he is correct, but I don't know why you'd draw that arbitrary line. A guy performing even better in a specific category who was drafted even further behind should be noted as well.

11 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Technically yes, but I think he was only using a sample size of Terry and all receivers taken before him. With that qualifier he is correct, but I don't know why you'd draw that arbitrary line. A guy performing even better in a specific category who was drafted even further behind should be noted as well.

Because you're an editor for the WFT and you want to tell a story without having to credit your division rivals for getting an even bigger steal? 

25 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

4 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Because you're an editor for the WFT and you want to tell a story without having to credit your division rivals for getting an even bigger steal? 

I mean, we all know who the better player is.  That's all I really care about.

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

Just clicked on that guy's twitter page; yup, that will do it.

Such a weird angle too. There is a legitimate argument for Terry being the best of a stacked WR class (I'd have Brown over him, but I could see the argument). Why not just say where he ranks out of the entire class? His stats are just as impressive against the entire class and it is a broader sample. The only reason you'd phrase it that way is to purposely exclude Slayton, who is the only receiver worth mentioning who was taken after Terry, which is kinda funny.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Yeah, its super simple to go to Pro Football Reference and sort by TD receptions for the 2019 draft class.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2019/draft.htm

DK Metcalf has 9 TDs and I'm pretty sure that pick 64 is ahead of pick 76

He also made the 'through 16 games' qualifier. Metcalf has 9, but that's in 18 games. He had 7 in his first 16 games.

5 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He also made the 'through 16 games' qualifier. Metcalf has 9, but that's in 18 games. He had 7 in his first 16 games.

Ahh, so he had to find a way to filter out both DK and Slayton.  This guy is good.  He's done this before. 😅

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Jonathan Taylor rushed for 101 yards and Mo Alie-Cox had 111 receiving yards yesterday for the Colts. The last time the Colts had a player with 100+ rushing yards and another player with 100+ receiving yards in the same game was in 2010 (Joseph Addai and Pierre Garçon) 

That's the HOF'er Rivers immediate impact on offenses. You're welcome.