Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

15 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

You wish Goff could dink & dunk like Carr.

I’m good actually. Happy for y’all though. That fall from grace was brutal. Then the trade for Mack was heartbreaking. But man did Mayock get some talent. Josh is phenomenal and that Edwards kid has some serious potential 

2 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Dudes a Dink and dunker 

yeah I mean all it means is he hasn't been terrible enough that they need to replace, and hasn't missed a lot of time with injuries. Those numbers break down to an average season of roughly...

3,400 yards, 21 tds, 13 ints

So, congrats on being not-awful enough to keep your job I guess, derek.

Week 2

- Aaron Rodgers has been good right? He'd be even better if MVS didn't leads the league in drops. The defense hasn't been anything great, as they currently rank 26th league-wide in EPA per play allowed. Godgers

Brady finished the day with seven dropped passes, two more than any other quarterback. His receiving unit has dropped 36.4% of the accurate passes thrown 10 or more yards downfield (worst in NFL by eight percentage points)

- TJ Watt  had a 38% pass-rush win rate, nearly 10 percentage points higher than any other edge rusher during Week 2

- On passes 10 or more yards downfield, Dak averaged an NFL-high 17.4 yards per attempt 

Newton completed 15 of 19 passes that traveled 10 or more yards downfield for 295 yards 

- On his 33 coverage snaps, James Bradberry saw six targets come his way and allowed just one catch for 14 yards while intercepting one and breaking up another three

19 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

A bit random but someone I know brought it up recently - anyone have the source on the 06 Champ Bailey season? I remember the whole 4 receptions thing being debunked, can’t remember from where/who.

FO debunked it way back in the day, when the stat was gaining traction in the 07 offseason.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2007/fo-mailbag-champ-baileys-four-receptions

Plenty of others have since, as well. KC Joyner charted that season and had him at like 28 receptions allowed, IIRC. I'm pretty sure PFF went back and graded that season once they showed up on the season, and they were in the 30-40 reception range as well.

So plenty have. It just got so widespread so fast that it was honestly too late to change the narrative. People were still quoting that stat in '09 when the question came up of if Revis had the best CB season ever, and that was already years after multiple sources had debunked it.

• Like 1