Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Something to think about...

Meh. Shanny got to the SB with JG at QB....Mike singletary yelled at his. Context and circumstances matter.

Besides, I'll never trust anyone who believes in Rashaad Penny. It's like mission believing in Matt Barkely.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Meh. Shanny got to the SB with JG at QB....Mike singletary yelled at his. Context and circumstances matter.

Besides, I'll never trust anyone who believes in Rashaad Penny. It's like mission believing in Matt Barkely.

So we're gonna continue to prop up Shanny for all eternity because once upon a time they had one good season?

• Like 1

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

So we're gonna continue to prop up Shanny for all eternity because once upon a time they had one good season?

Compared to Mike singletary who never had a single one and was run out of the league due to his immaturity and being  unprofessional......yes.

Shanahan may be a better coach than Singletary, but that's not exactly a high bar. SF is probably stuck in the situation where it'll be hard to find a better coach available to hire though, so they should stick with him at least until they can see whether Lance works out.

• Like 2

And yet, despite that SB run, the guy who was ran out of the league had a higher win % than Shanny lol

It's easier to have a higher win % when you only coached a team for one full season compared to Shanny who has 4 completed seasons, running on 5, under his belt.

If you and I go to the basketball court and I only shoot 5 balls and make 4 of them and then you go and shoot 30 and make 14 of them, does that mean I'm a better shooter than you?

It's a terrible comparison no matter how you slice it.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

If you and I go the basketball court and I only shoot 5 balls and make 4 of them and then you go and shoot 30 and make 14 of them, does that mean I'm a better shooter than you?

"one full season" is technically correct, but come on...he coached 40 games for SF and Shanahan has coached 69. Aside from ONE season he's never gotten over 6 wins. That comparison isn't really apt. They both have a pretty good sample size and they're both objectively bad head coaches.

"one full season" is technically correct, but come on...he coached 40 games for SF and Shanahan has coached 69. Aside from ONE season he's never gotten over 6 wins. That comparison isn't really apt. They both have a pretty good sample size and they're both objectively bad head coaches.

They don't though. He was interim coach for X amount of games (to his point). Then continued full control for one full season, and then was kicked to the curb for reasons already mentioned before he even got a chance to finish his 2 full season.  It's not a fair comparison by any stretch of imagination. This what I mean by context matters.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

They don't though. He was interim coach for X amount of games (to his point). Then continued full control for one full season, and then was kicked to the curb for reasons already mentioned before he even got a chance to finish his 2 full season.  It's not a fair comparison by any stretch of imagination. This what I mean by context matters.

"before he got the chance to finish his 2nd season" my guy, there was literally 1 game left of that season...If you wanna remove the interim games he coached 31 (assuming my math is right here) full games for SF and had a comparable winning % to Shanny.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

"before he got the chance to finish his 2nd season" my guy, there was literally 1 game left of that season...If you wanna remove the interim games he coached 31 (assuming my math is right here) full games for SF and had a comparable winning % to Shanny.

Yes, he was that bad of a coach that he got fired before even finishing his 2nd season. The same can't be said for Shanny. Shanny went on to take his team to the SB with JG at the helm in year 3.

And 31 games compared to 73 is a huge difference.

Edited by JAF-N72EX

Real quick. Who here thinks Matt Nagy is a good HC?

He has a 31-26 record (54.4% win %) and 2 playoff appearances in 3.5 years.

Looks good on paper doesn't it?

Mind you, I have been one of his biggest supporters and I do think he has the potential to be a good HC in the future with more experience. I've given him his chances. He's had the chance to choose his own OC, completely new staff, and finally got to draft his own QB but the results have been the same. So this isn't coming from some scorned Bears fan who has hated Nagy for years like most Bears fans either.

The point is, accolades such as; winning %, records, and playoff appearances do not ever tell the whole story.Nagy's record is largely propped up by his 12-5 record in 2018. We were average in 2019. And we only made the playoffs in 2020 (with a 8-8 record) because of the new playoff system.

Furthermore, the Bears team have been relatively healthy for the most part (up until this year) so it's not like the team was decimated by injuries like the 49ers were in 2018 when they went 4-12.

Cooper Kupp apparently is the first player in NFL history with 800+ yards and 9+ TDs in the first 7 games.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Before this year, he kept getting screwed by injuries and arguably overperforming. At this point, it'll get harder to defend him if they keep struggling because injuries aren't necessarily the problem this year. But it would still be hard for me to pull the trigger and fire him after this season. I think you give him one more year with Trey Lance. He's such a brilliant offensive mind.