Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

4 hours ago, biggie. said:

Not a stat, but Cincinnati low-key hasn't had issues at finding a QB for nearly 20 years. They've transitioned from Palmer to Dalton to Burrow almost seamlessly.

Same with the Chargers. Brees to Rivers to Herbert

Edited by jonnguy2015

19 minutes ago, Joe_is_the_best said:

@ET80 predicted that the Texans would have the worst point differential in history. As of now, the Texans are on pace to finish with a point differential of -257, which would be 6th worst all time. 

That Jags game killed my prediction...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, scar988 said:

With his rushing touchdown this past week, Cordarrelle Patterson became the first player in NFL history to have 10 rushing touchdowns, 10 receiving touchdowns and 5 kick return touchdowns.

football player.

Still sad that he left the Patriots after just 1 year and we never really played him at RB. I remember that one game in 2018 against the Packers where we did and he killed them.

7 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

football player.

Still sad that he left the Patriots after just 1 year and we never really played him at RB. I remember that one game in 2018 against the Packers where we did and he killed them.

We've been using him all over the formation. Sometimes WR, sometimes slot, a lot of RB, some TE, he's been doing everything and he's been doing it all very well. How did no other NFL Coach see that he wasn't a true anything and just a chess piece? I was under the impression the Falcons were going to use him the way they used Tevin Coleman in 2016 and haven't really been wrong there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

JC Tretter at center is really solid too. For defense, we just need a dominant 3 tech.

Now there are some stats that certainly call into question the maxim that "the game is won in the trenches."  You probably couldn't find that percentage of a team's starting offensive and defensive linemen rated that highly anywhere else in the league, yet the Browns are essentially average overall.

22 minutes ago, The Guy said:

Now there are some stats that certainly call into question the maxim that "the game is won in the trenches."  You probably couldn't find that percentage of a team's starting offensive and defensive linemen rated that highly anywhere else in the league, yet the Browns are essentially average overall.

The problem is that we’ve lost to Mahomes, Herbert, and Murray playing at an elite level.

2 hours ago, SBLIII said:

I mean it's a lot of turnover luck so far. Similar to Mahomes the years before this year.

I guess, they are similar so far this year.

This is interesting

But how are those two metrics defined? Is this super subjective, or is there more objectivity too this than my first impression?

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

The problem is that we’ve lost to Mahomes, Herbert, and Murray playing at an elite level.

That's going to happen with teams like the Browns that emphasize the run game to that degree.  Unless they have a top-notch defense that can limit opposing QBs of that nature, their dedication to the run game will decrease their offensive efficiency and scoring just enough to get beaten by those teams when their QBs play like they typically do.  Same thing will happen to Tennessee and Derrick Henry.  There is a drawback to staying balanced offensively.  And contrary to popular belief, it doesn't typically help your passing game play any better.  There is a near-zero correlation between run efficiency and pass efficiency team-by-team throughout the league.  You don't have to be "balanced" to pass well.