Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Which one of you argued that Tom Brady doesnt need weapons to be elite? Because he drops from elite to GTFO of the league just based one 1 player alone:

And that is over an 11 year sample size..

I dont want to hear jack about Dak and his WRs ever again. Its a stupid argument. All QBs need weapons to perform. Looking at you eagles fans (specifically @aussie_eagle and I think @SkippyX made that same argument (might be wrong on skippy)).

Well, context matters. For most of that span, his only other receiver who was above replacement-level was Edelman. In 2016 he had a nice assortment of targets (including Marty Bennett) and he did just fine after losing Gronk that year.

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Which one of you argued that Tom Brady doesnt need weapons to be elite? Because he drops from elite to GTFO of the league just based one 1 player alone:

I dont want to hear jack about Dak and his WRs ever again. Its a stupid argument. All QBs need weapons to perform. Looking at you eagles fans (specifically @aussie_eagle and I think @SkippyX made that same argument (might be wrong on skippy)).

Yea everyone needs a good team.  It shouldnt even be an argument.  Brady left a garbage offense in 2019 for one of the most stacked offenses in the league, and it shows up on the stat sheet.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I'll just add this also says his offenses still score 27ppg and his teams win 73% of the time (so ~11-5 or 12-4 full season record). Ben *wishes* Lol.

• Like 3

I get it's Year 1 for the kid, but OMG Alex Leatherwood.   Every game I've seen with him at RT, it looked that bad.  He better work out at RG but even then, at Rd1 and who was on the board - wow.   Jon Gruden's fitting eptitath of his futility as the de facto GM (owner already confirmed he had final say over Mayock).

Brady had 3 rings, 4 SBs, and an MVP before Gronk left Arizona.

He was 97-30 with a 93.4 rating when that was a big number before 2010.

28-3 was the greatest QB game ever played and Gronk was not on the field.

Giving full credit for the 2010 QB MVP to a rookie TE would be delusional.

Brady was 1A for MVP in 2016 but he got dinged for missing 4 games due to heresy and witchcraft.

Gronk missed the final 11 games. Brady was about a 100 rated passer with a 10-1 record and a ring in those games.

Dak is hot garbage without a dominant 120+ yards rushing. This has nothing to do with missing player X.

He's just a guy.

His backup beat Minny without the ground game support. How's that for data?

Forrest Gump has something to say for this Brady without Gronk theory.

img_0801.jpg?w=584

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fray32 said:

I'll just add this also says his offenses still score 27ppg and his teams win 73% of the time (so ~11-5 or 12-4 full season record). Ben *wishes* Lol.

Goes to show you how good the talent around Brady was that he could play like poop and it didnt affect their offensive output/win %.

10 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Brady had 3 rings, 4 SBs, and an MVP before Gronk left Arizona.

He was 97-30 with a 93.4 rating when that was a big number before 2010.

28-3 was the greatest QB game ever played and Gronk was not on the field.

Giving full credit for the 2010 QB MVP to a rookie TE would be delusional.

Brady was 1A for MVP in 2016 but he got dinged for missing 4 games due to heresy and witchcraft.

Gronk missed the final 11 games. Brady was about a 100 rated passer with a 10-1 record and a ring in those games.

Dak is hot garbage without a dominant 120+ yards rushing. This has nothing to do with missing player X.

He's just a guy.

His backup beat Minny without the ground game support. How's that for data?

Forrest Gump has something to say for this Brady without Gronk theory.

img_0801.jpg?w=584

Brady, self admittedly, didnt even have to try hard to get his first 3 superbowls. Again, a reflection of the talent around him. 

15 hours ago, ET80 said:

Ironically, his backup/competetion was Drew Henson - another guy who went the baseball route and then went back to play football.

The Cowboys QB room back then had Quincy Carter (OF, Chicago Cubs) Henson (3B, NY Yankees) and Hutchinson (P, Cincinnati Reds). A decade later, Brandon Weeden (P, Yankees) was a Cowboy. 

Jerruh has a type back then. 

All I'm really reading here is that Texas is more big on Yankees baseball than they really are any kind of football.

5 hours ago, LieutenantGains said:

Ah yes, the non-Gronk sample size which mainly includes 2013 and 2019. Go look at the WR and TE from those years.

Again proving the point - - that Tom Brady needs weapons around him. Dispelling the notion that he does it all by himself or can play elite surrounded by scrubs. 

Is this a good season for a QB;

60.5 % 4,343 yards 6.9 avg   25 TD 11 INT 87.3

?

I think it's pretty mediocre to decent, but adding context, this was the receiving;

Edelman: 105 receptions

Amendola: 54

Vereen: 47

Dobson: 37

Thompkins: 32

Yuck. I think those stats Tom put up with this receiving corps, whilst admitting the OL was decent, is pretty impressive. I agree Tom can't be elite when he doesn't have good weapons, but he never actually becomes anything less than top 10 even whilst working with a receiving corps like that. If your WR 2 was Amendola, you'd be pissed right?

Edited by Hunter2_1