Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

(I was going to do a deep dive into how many sub 5 yard TD's herbert has just to take a look, but I only got through like 3 games of his rookie year before deciding I didn't care that much) 

For his career, he has 27 touchdowns on 69 pass attempts between the opponent's 1-10 yard line (61 career passing touchdowns).  For comparison's sake...

Rodgers in 2020 had 29 touchdowns on 48 pass attempts (48 passing touchdowns that season).  Josh Allen had 19 on 44 pass attempts (37 for the season).  Russ had 21 touchdowns on 45 pass attempts (40 for the season).  Mahomes had 21 touchdowns on 46 attempts (38 for season).

Now I don't know what any of this really proves.  But at first glance it appears he throws the ball about the same amount as other guys in that area of the field.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We have a guy that is consistently putting Mac Jones as the 6th best QB in the league in the comparison forums. People have their takes. I can't consider either to really be trolling. I don't know why he is making the assumption (I was going to do a deep dive into how many sub 5 yard TD's herbert has just to take a look, but I only got through like 3 games of his rookie year before deciding I didn't care that much) but there are certainly assumptions that we all make, especially given how little we watch other teams. Personally, I think that Rodgers has been the king of the 1 - 2 yard td passes, and I can't count how many times Mahomes has done that ridiculous front pitch inside the 5 so I don't know why Herbert would be any worse than those guys. 

It was a weird assumption and angle taken to diminish Herbert's achievement.

Herbert TDS

10-19 yards 19
4-9 yards 14
30 or more yards 11
3 or fewer yards 9
20-29 yards 8

In the same span of TDs thrown Marino and Mahomes had 10 to Herbert’s 9. Of 3 of fewer yds.

Also, Herbert isn't doing shovel passes, jet sweeps on short yardage tds.  This "new member" has a hidden agenda no doubt about it. 

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Your commentary was to provide ZERO data or evidence to support your horrible prognostication in a desperate effort to diminish the historic all time start Herbert has had.

Don't play coy, we know there is a hidden agenda there. Who would make such outlandish assumptions on something they have no data to support such claims on, unless they had some type of agenda.

Sorry it hurts your feelings that Herbert's historic all time start, has never been matched by any "better QB's". You'll get through it, guy. 

My original post about this topic could've said merely that "all TD passes are not created equal," and it would've made the same intended point about how we have more advanced statistics than simple TD pass tallies, while saying nothing about Justin Herbert per se.  I take it you're aware that there are more advanced statistics available than simple TD pass tallies?

When you post information using a mere TD pass tally in a statistics thread, you may very well get a response along those lines, from people who have an interest in those more advanced statistics.  If you want everybody to cheer for Herbert without thinking any more deeply about the statistics involved, then post it in the Chargers thread.

Notice I didn't tell you to put your post in the Chargers thread originally, like someone might've if they had an "agenda" against Herbert.  I've done that based only on your subsequent response here.

44 minutes ago, The Guy said:

My original post about this topic could've said merely that "all TD passes are not created equal," and it would've made the same intended point about how we have more advanced statistics than simple TD pass tallies, while saying nothing about Justin Herbert per se.  I take it you're aware that there are more advanced statistics available than simple TD pass tallies?

When you post information using a mere TD pass tally in a statistics thread, you may very well get a response along those lines, from people who have an interest in those more advanced statistics.  If you want everybody to cheer for Herbert without thinking any more deeply about the statistics involved, then post it in the Chargers thread.

Notice I didn't tell you to put your post in the Chargers thread originally, like someone might've if they had an "agenda" against Herbert.  I've done that based only on your subsequent response here.

I posted a stat about TD's guy. Not other advanced metrics, guy. It isnt "mere" tds guy. There is a reason in the loooong glorious existence of the NFL, this has never been done. So implying mere TD'S would be to suggest others have done it. Yet never done before.

MVP's are won on the basis of TDs, guy.

HOF inductions are achieved on the back of TDs.

Yet, here is GUY, down playing the value of TD'S in a position who's main objective is to score them.

Glad to have you aboard guy and your amazing indepth hard hitting analysis. Look forward to more riveting contributions. 

Herbert has been top 5 in total EPA first 2 years in the league... i'm sure that's a first as well. Does that provoke you?

5 minutes ago, Bearerofnews said:

I posted a stat about TD's guy. Not other advanced metrics, guy. It isnt "mere" tds guy. There is a reason in the loooong glorious existence of the NFL, this has never been done. So implying mere TD'S would be to suggest others have done it. Yet never done before.

MVP's are won on the basis of TDs, guy.

HOF inductions are achieved on the back of TDs.

Yet, here is GUY, down playing the value of TD'S in a position who's main objective is to score them.

Glad to have you aboard guy and your amazing indepth hard hitting analysis. Look forward to more riveting contributions. 

Herbert has been top 5 in total EPA first 2 years in the league... i'm sure that's a first as well. Does that provoke you?

Hooray for Justin Herbert!

Feel better now?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bearerofnews said:

I didn't sense alot of sincerity there. But, it's a start... i'm sure ill post more pro Herb material soon (maybe not after Thursday) but soon and we can try to nail the landing.

We just want to make sure you feel better, since this thread has become largely about your feelings now.

Just keep us posted.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

I feel like they are still not going to give him DPOY because hes a rookie. I feel like they are going to do that, "he's already getting an award" schtick. 

The gap between he and Myles is starting to get some momentum his way. Hes already surpassed both LT's rookie DPOY and the one that Kalil got early in his career. And hes got 4 more games.