Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

27 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Eli having 2 rings is probably the most weird thing thats ever happened in the NFL. Dude would throw 5 ints one game, and then evaporate from pressure to throw a game saving pass off someones noggin in the 'bowl. It makes absolutely no sense. 

I'd add, quickly browsing, McNabb, Kelly and Marino are the only ones on the list without a ring. Which, maybe that's a lot of them? Or not?

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I'd add, quickly browsing, McNabb, Kelly and Marino are the only ones on the list without a ring. Which, maybe that's a lot of them? Or not?

Mcnabb made it damn close and the other two had the unfortunate privilege of playing in the AFC at a time where the best AFC team would have been like #6 in the NFC. 

McNabb had 5 legit shots and screwed up every one personally.

I'm telling you, go watch the rest of the drive after 4th and 26. He throws a 50/50 ball at a Packer in the end zone

Pinkston saved the game by playing defense..

Dude was the least clutch QB I have ever seen.

Eli was someone you just had to see to understand.

He lost 2-4 games a year by himself and he won 2-4 games a year by himself.

He just got red hot on 2 playoff runs (and Asante dropped a ball in his hands)

Kelly was a 20 TD 28 pick playoff QB.

He was the 2nd best playoff QB on his own team.

Edited by SkippyX

Eli had games like this sometimes:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201511010nor.htm

Another one was week 2 in 2006. The Eagles are up 24-7 going into the 4th. Eli goes nuts, forces OT, and Jevon Kearse pops a knee in that OT.

The Eagles won a playoff game, but without that star player they were not the same team. That was the playoff year Sheldon killed Reggie Bush and he popped back up and crushed us with a long change of direction in the backfield run later.

If Eli does not go off there, that could have been another 12 win AR Eagles team.

McNabb got hurt but Garcia was 5-1 after that.

Edited by SkippyX

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The problem is not that Kingsbury is fourth. The problem is that the error bars are so large that except for the guys who have been in the league for 10+ years (and not even then) there's absolutely nothing you can conclude from this data.

• Like 2

Its always hard to attribute coaching value.

Phil Jackson was just Jordan and Pippen

• Then he was just Jordan and Pippen or Shaq and Kobe
  • Then he kept winning with just Kobe
  • At some point he's just a great coach.

Montana was awesome and so was Young., We know enough to not detract from either based on their successes.

I'd argue the same is true of Walsh and Seifert. (Seifert had incredible results from DB coach, DC, through HC)

Pete Carroll is a really interesting case.  He dominated at USC but he had all the players (like Saban now) He has a very good record at Seattle but lots of that is on Wilson and the LoB. I am sure he is at least partially responsible for their success but I can't quantify it. I know for sure he cost his team 2 playoff games.

AR is an incredible coach and QB guru but even he has some clock management issues.  I am confident that his strengths far outweigh his weaknesses.

BTW, Saban is great because of how often he does it and that he did it in multiple places.

Also, look at Alabama before he got there so even if he wins by pipeline who rebuilt that pipeline?

Miami was too small a sample size like Cleveland Moving Van 1995 is too small a sample size for BB.

Saban and BB were both on that Cleveland Movers team.

Edited by SkippyX