Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

1 hour ago, Bearerofnews said:

Yes it does. 100 qb rating for the season means elite play. As long as you have qualifying amount of attempts.

No it doesn't, he just showed how much the league QB rating has risen recently. And Jackson doesn't even have that. His passer rating is literally at the league average right now. He's ranked 17th in that metric this season.

Really, though, passer rating is an outdated metric. ANY/A is much better for passing (Jackson is 22nd), or DVOA (Jackson is 23rd). ESPN tries to incorporate QB running as well, which is crucial and should be part of an overall analysis of a QB, and especially one like Jackson. But since their formula is largely a black box, I personally don't much credence in it. But FWIW, Jackson is ranked 20th in their QBR metric.

Jackson was outstanding last season, but he's dropped off and looks average this season. It doesn't mean he won't be great again.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

No it doesn't, he just showed how much the league QB rating has risen recently. And Jackson doesn't even have that. His passer rating is literally at the league average right now. He's ranked 17th in that metric this season.

Really, though, passer rating is an outdated metric. ANY/A is much better for passing (Jackson is 22nd), or DVOA (Jackson is 23rd). ESPN tries to incorporate QB running as well, which is crucial and should be part of an overall analysis of a QB, and especially one like Jackson. But since their formula is largely a black box, I personally don't much credence in it. But FWIW, Jackson is ranked 20th in their QBR metric.

Jackson was outstanding last season, but he's dropped off and looks average this season. It doesn't mean he won't be great again.

Agree to disagree. The qb rating avg has gone up, but not up to 100. It went up to 92. If you look at top 10 in passer rating and top 10 in ANY/A they are nearly the same guys. 

I don't really value QBR, because as you said there is a black box in how the formula works. 

If you look at DVOA and ANY/A, then compare it with guys who have a passer rating of 100. Only Ben isn't in the top 10 of ANY/A or DVOA. So i believe 100 passer rating still means what it has always meant. It's an extremely accurate depiction of elite qb play for the season.

Edited by Bearerofnews

On 11/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, iknowcool said:

Is there any way a ticked off Bucs team with the GOAT QB punts more than twice against our defense?

Bucs punted 0 times today.  That's one punt in a 4 game stretch.  3 games alone was already the first time it had happened since 1950.  This is insane.  

8 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Agree to disagree. The qb rating avg has gone up, but not up to 100. It went up to 92. If you look at top 10 in passer rating and top 10 in ANY/A they are nearly the same guys. 

I don't really value QBR, because as you said there is a black box in how the formula works. 

If you look at DVOA and ANY/A, then compare it with guys who have a passer rating of 100. Only Ben isn't in the top 10 of ANY/A or DVOA. So i believe 100 passer rating still means what it has always meant. It's an extremely accurate depiction of elite qb play for the season.

You're incorrect. The league wide passer rating this year is 95.1. Jackson's passer rating right now? 95.1

If the average passer rating is 85, then a passer rating of 100 is higher above the mean than if the mean is 95. That's about facts, not opinions and agreeing to disagree.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Successfully passing the ball has never been easier in the history of the NFL. Pretty much every full time starter puts up numbers that would put you at the top of the league 25-35 years ago. It does NOT mean that there are suddenly dozens of elite quarterbacks. It means that elite quarterback play, to some degree, can only be measured in comparison to what everyone else in the league is doing. 10 quarterbacks have ratings over 100. Not all of them are having ELITE seasons. Good? Very good? Yeah I'd say so, but not elite. That's a third of the league. I'd say this year 100 QB rating is, more or less, kind of the threshold of "good". Top third.

Assuming the Eagles lose @ Cleveland next week, they will be 1st in a division at 3-6-1. 11 weeks into the season, and a 3 win team will lead the divsion!

4-12 division winner remains a mathematical possibility, and a 5 win winner seems almost likely unless the Giants really have figured out something and aren't just smoke and mirrors from picking on the NFCE. Looking at the schedule, and giving the win to the favorite (well, who I assume will be favored), here's where we could be entering week 17:

1. Eagles 4-10-1
  2. Giants 4-11
  3. WFT 3-12
  4. Cowboys 3-12

2020 NFCE has reached impressive levels of bad, although I will say, Giants should beat Bengals off the bye and then have 4 winnable games. All teams better than them, but no teams that we haven't seen drop the ball in 2020. They are best chance for respectable NFCE representative, as at 7-9 (so a 6-3 finish to the year) with a good defense they would be tough out. 

10 minutes ago, FinSting said:

Dolphins: We're just gonna move Tua along slowly as he learns this NFL QB thing in only his 3rd start.

Also Dolphins: Tua so far has Week 10's highest 'intended air yards per attempt' average at 11.3 yards. 

I’m looking forward to the possibility of a Bills-Phins rivalry the next decade. God knows our division needs it lol.

I was extremely early on Flores. I knew he was the guy probably a month into last season when he had you guys playing hard and outperforming your roster. 

• Like 2