Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

13 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

So people are doing still shots in 2020 with no context.

He edited the post after you posted this adding some, but no context was needed for this shot 

That is clearly Aaron Donald getting triple teamed

1 minute ago, N4L said:

He edited the post after you posted this adding some, but no context was needed for this shot 

It's like he's always desperate to show us how great AD is, but we already know and we agree 🤣. It's OK Rammy.

• Like 2

Comeback Player 

Smith and the offense were conservative to start, causing them to rank just 20th in expected points added per pass play in the first two quarters among the 26 teams to play before Monday Night Football. Following a Detroit touchdown to open up the second half, Washington found itself down 24-3. And that’s when Smith turned it on and put together an impressive second half.

In the final two quarters of action, he led Washington to the second-most efficient passing offense and peppered the Lions downfield. He attempted 11 passes over 10 yards downfield and completed eight for 148 yards.

Overall, Smith completed 10 passes that traveled over 10 yards — the most in a single game by a Washington quarterback since Kirk Cousins in 2016

2020 WR class

Led by Jefferson, Aiyuk, Higgins, Jerry Jeudy, CeeDee Lamb, Chase Claypool and Laviska Shenault Jr., the 2020 class has recorded 7,020 receiving yards with 2,598 coming after contact. Combined, 2020 has forced 74 missed tackles (first), caught 176 receptions of 15 or more yards (first) and dropped just 6.5% of their targets (second) — all top-three marks by any rookie class. They have hauled in 36 touchdowns, which are fourth-most, but they have also rattled off 296 first downs — 22 more than any other class

This year's group has seen a total of 4,726 receiving snaps, almost 1,000 more than the next-closest season. However, they are still second in targets with 865. The only class ahead of them is the legendary 2014 class

4 minutes ago, N4L said:

Context is always needed. If a chip and release block from a RB/TE is blocking a rusher I'm not going to stop and take a image of that play at that exact time in order to brag that he's being tripled. That's called trying to manipulating the public.

On 11/17/2020 at 12:38 AM, Bearerofnews said:

I promise I'm not trying to be difficult. But i am going to have to agree to disagree... to an extent.

You are right that the avg this year is 95. But using average calculations is not a formula that is standardized with passer rating. Unless we agree on what the top percentile above the mean is, that classifies what "elite" qb play is for the season. Are we saying the top 3%, 5%, top 10%.

I wasn't talking about Jackson specifically. I'm referring to passer rating. You might not value it. But i showed you that, in generic illustration (telling you) how some of the key metrics you value, align with the same top performers in passer rating. There isn't any big variations between PR, DVOA and ANY/A. 

Now the question becomes what percentile over the mean, qualifies as elite in any of these KPI'S?

I'll always value 100+ passer rating. I can't think of many examples of when a qb had atleast 25 attempts per game and atleast 12 starts, where i didn't think they had a great/elite season, that had 100+ passer rating (there are some exceptions). My prior use of "elite" might be slightly premature. I think bare minimum it's indicative of great play.

But again, there never seems to be a consistent, universally agreed upon barometer of what top percentile of seasonal play qualifies players at any position as having "elite" seasons.... specifically QB.

You can value 100+ passer rating highly and still realize that it's not as impressive as it once was.

QBs with 100+ passer rating
2000: 2
2005: 2
2010: 4
2015: 6
2020: 10

2 hours ago, childofpudding said:

You can value 100+ passer rating highly and still realize that it's not as impressive as it once was.

Season isn't over yet. Looking at last year, when applying the qualifier i mentioned, there was 8. Two of them made the superbowl, third won mvp, the others made the playoffs except Carr and Stafford (who didn't meet the qualifier)

It's still an impressive stat and very accurately depicts what qbs are playing the best.  Elite? Depends what percentile of total qbs you consider to be elite. Top 25%, then yes. If elite for you is top 5 or 10%, then no. Even if you don't believe it's a good KPI for elite play... at worst its a KPI for very good/great QB play.

On 11/16/2020 at 11:33 PM, AntonChigurh said:

Andy Reid?

The complete Chiefs offense?

Kyler's degree of difficulty is higher than Mahomes. 

Murray would be doing what Mahomes is doing in the Chiefs system 

So lets make a new award called the best loser.

It can be for the Poor Baby! who does not have the best team but still winds up as the 2nd best player.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, childofpudding said:

I completely agree but this just means 106 is the new 100 or 108 is the new 100.

It does not mean that a 110 rating is meaningless and a 100 rating was great 10 years ago.

You can compare the players rating to the league average by percentage over average but I really don't want to do that now.

5 hours ago, SkippyX said:

We can also have a Waaahmbardi Trophy for the team you think is the best but just had a tough schedule or injuries or something.

🤣🤣

tbf, I'd be guilty of requesting that for the Patriots of 2015 who got out to a 10-0 start, but then lost ....everyone apart from Tom. 

No participation awards though is there!

The Running Back Committee

Arizona

RB1: Kenyan Drake (51% snaps, 16 carries, 1 target) - down from 65% 

RB2: Chase Edmonds (50%, 8, 3)

Atlanta

RB1: Todd Gurley (62% snaps, 19 carries, 2 targets)

RB2: Brian Hill (26%, 8, 1)

RB3: Qadree Ollison (7%, 0, 0)

Baltimore

RB1: J.K. Dobbins (43% snaps, 5 carries, 2 targets)

RB2: Mark Ingram II (27%, 5, 2)

RB3: Gus Edwards (24%, 7, 1)

Buffalo

RB1: Zack Moss (53% snaps, 7 carries, 2 targets)

RB2: Devin Singletary (47%, 4, 2)

Cleveland

RB1: Kareem Hunt (56% snaps, 19 carries, 4 targets)

RB2: Nick Chubb (45%, 19, 1)

Dallas

RB1: Ezekiel Elliott (65% snaps, 18 carries, 3 targets)

RB2: Tony Pollard (32%, 9, 2)

Denver

RB1: Melvin Gordon (56% snaps, 11 carries, 2 targets)

RB2: Phillip Lindsay (29%, 4, 1)

RB3: Royce Freeman (15%, 2, 2)

Indie

RB1: Nyheim Hines (55% snaps, 12 carries, 6 targets)

RB2: Jonathan Taylor (25%, 7, 2)

RB3: Jordan Wilkins (20%, 8, 1)

KC

RB1: Clyde Edwards-Helaire (43% snaps, 5 carries, 5 targets)

RB2: Le’Veon Bell (31%, 4, 1)

RB3: Darrel Williams (26%, 0, 1)

LAR

RB1: Malcolm Brown (41% snaps, 6 carries, 2 targets)

RB2: Darrell Henderson (33%, 7, 1)

RB3: Cam Akers (26%, 10, 0)

NE

RB1: Damien Harris (55% snaps, 22 carries, 0 targets)

RB2: Rex Burkhead (34%, 6, 5)

RB3: James White (17%, 0, 2)

NO

RB1: Alvin Kamara (64% snaps, 8 carries, 8 targets)

RB2: Latavius Murray (41%, 9, 0)

Kamara is presently averaging the ninth-most PPR points per game by a running back in a single season ever:

2000 Marshall Faulk (32.9 PPR points per game)

2002 Priest Holmes (31.5)

2020 Christian McCaffrey (30.1)

2006 LaDainian Tomlinson (30.1)

2001 Faulk (30)

2019 McCaffrey (29.5)

2003 Holmes (27.8)

2003 Tomlinson (27.7)

1975 O.J. Simpson (27.4)

2020 Kamara (27.4)

TB

RB1: Ronald Jones (60% snaps, 23 carries, 2 targets)

RB2: Leonard Fournette (40%, 8, 3)

WFT

RB1: J.D. McKissic (69% snaps, 8 carries, 15 targets)

RB2: Antonio Gibson (40%, 13, 4)

RB3: Peyton Barber (12%, 2, 1)

McKissic has five more targets than any other player in the NFL over the past two weeks. Many have pointed out that McKissic is in the game to “protect” Alex Smith. The 5-foot-10, 195-pound back hasn’t been asked to pass block on more than five snaps in a game this season. If the Football Team is punishing Gibson for his inability to pass protect, they’re doing so by having McKissic run routes.