Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

4 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I can't see Brees playing next year. I mean i expect MT to exceed the mark. But man, the future is so unstable and volatile for the Saints with their cap situation next year.

We will see I suppose. Brees will almost guaranteed be gone next year. My guess is Winston and possibly a drafted QB for next year. The Saints always are in "cap hell" but manage to mostly get out of it every year. Outside of Brees going, I could see guys like Marshon Lattimore, Jared Cook, Taysom Hill, Latavius Murray, Patrick Robinson, Malcolm Jenkins, Malcom Brown, and Thomas Morstead being gone next year, which would free up a solid portion of cap space, and Mickey Loomis will obviously work some magic. Besides Brees leaving Lattimore is really the only one that would hurt the team. The others are pretty much all replaceable players, or at least aren't significant enough to really effect much. As long as we can keep our front 7 mostly in tact, or defense will be fine, they are bordering on elite territory. We have top level OL that should mostly be around for the foreseeable future along with Kamara and Thomas locked up for several years. We will be fine. Might not be Super Bowl contenders, but I don't see why we wouldn't be playoff contenders next year still with all the talent on the roster. 

If the Ravens score 31+ today (somehow) and the Steelers score 10+ then it will be the Miami Dolphins with the least points allowed and points allowed per game in the NFL. 

If anyone has access/the savvy to do so, could someone look up the least amount of touchdowns thrown by a team through 11 games? The Patriots sitting at 6 isn't surprising when I think about it but it's kinda boggling my mind.

8 minutes ago, Fray32 said:

If anyone has access/the savvy to do so, could someone look up the least amount of touchdowns thrown by a team through 11 games? The Patriots sitting at 6 isn't surprising when I think about it but it's kinda boggling my mind.

Not sure about through 11, but the 2006 Raiders had 7 in 16 games. 2010 Panthers had 9 in 16. Patriots should be able to surpass those totals... although not by much.

Those are the 2 worst passing games I can think of off the top of my head

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Not sure about through 11, but the 2006 Raiders had 7 in 16 games. 2010 Panthers had 9 in 16. Patriots should be able to surpass those totals... although not by much.

2011 Rams had 9.  They also beat the Saints that year, the week after Saints beat the Colts 62-7.  The Rams hadn’t scored 62 all year.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

No, but to not have a single season where I can sit back and say, "man, he was truly elite this year," stops me from calling you elite.  And when I watch Allen play, and go back and look at the numbers, he's a possession receiver.  Great route-runner, like you said.  Good hands.  But he's not making a lot of plays downfield.  His longest catch this year is 28 yards.  That's pretty disappointing for a #1 receiver with a strong-armed QB.  And it explains his reception totals too (along with his catch %), which is about the main thing he's got going for him.  

According to rotowire, Allen's average depth of target is 7 yards this season.  By comparison, DJ Moore's is 12.2.  Jones' is 11.3.  Hopkins is 8.6 (Hopkins in a way fits the possession receiver mold too, but he's more versatile/flexible than Allen is and I also think he's suffering from Murray and Kingsbury's offense... still having a great season though).  Thielen's is 12.8.  Evans' is consistently in the teens, with 11.9 this year and over 15 the last 2 years.  So on and so forth.  Even Thomas hasn't had a lower mark than 7 yards in his last 3 seasons, with his lowest being 7.7.  I'm not saying what Allen does is easy, because there is importance to being a possession receiver, but it's completely unfair to compare his reception totals and catch % to most other receivers.  To be fair, last year he was at 10 yards, but the year before that he was back at 8.6.  And so when you look at it from that POV, you say alright, he's a possession receiver.  But is he the best possession receiver in the game?  Nah.  Hopkins is better.  I'm definitely taking Thomas over him too.  Davante Adams fits that mold too, you could say.  And he's better than Allen as well.

And those guys have had seasons where I would consider them elite.  Take your pick of Hopkins seasons.  Michael Thomas last year.  Take your pick of Jones' seasons.  Adams this year.  Yeah, I get your point about consistency.  But that, to me, helps establish you as a very good player.  But to be elite, you need to branch out.  You need to make noise.  Allen's never had that.  He's just had a bunch of strong seasons.  But you can't just throw around the word 'elite' for that.  

I like Allen a lot, so not trying to hate on him.  He's a good receiver.  But there's just so many good receivers in the NFL today, that to be elite, you need to have proven you can be dominant throughout an entire season.  And that just ain't Allen.  He's a consistently great route-runner with strong hands.  But that ain't enough for me to call you elite nowadays.  Hell, Justin Jefferson as a rookie is already on track for a season better than Allen has ever had.  D.K. Metcalf, you could argue, has already had a better season than Allen has ever had and he's still got 5 games left in his campaign.  That's another reason why I don't agree with your standard of "only such and such have hit these specific stats in such and such time."  Because it ignores the incoming group of receivers too.  The aforementioned Jefferson and Metcalf, then you got guys like AJ Brown, DJ Moore, Scary Terry, Tyreek.  Not saying he is or isn't better than some of those receivers, but I don't think he's ever had a season any of them aren't capable of matching, and some already have.  Hence why it's important to have one of those seasons, not just be consistent.

And this is a standard I apply to any position.  Being top 5 doesn't automatically make you elite in my book.  But not being top 5?  You don't even have an argument for being elite IMO.  And I just don't see how Allen is top five.  He's not better than Julio, Hopkins, or MT.  He's nowhere close to being the game-changer Tyreek is.  At best he's in the mix for #5 with a bunch of other guys, like Evans, Adams, Metcalf, and so on and so forth... but me, personally, I'm not taking him over any of those three.  And then you got those guys I mentioned earlier moving their way up in the rankings.  

See that's the thing, you are referring to your criteria. "WR's who catch deep passes and get big yards". These are receivers who 1 play and their statline looks more impressive than their actual play throughout a game. A guy like Allen is making more contested catches, more difficult catches, because depth of his routes and the coverage that is usually involved in those routes.

Great route runner, great hands, good after the catche, great at contested catches, consistent, reliable. He doesn't have elite speed. Chargers don't need him as a deep threat, they have that in Williams.

I am just a firm believe you can't be elite based on 1 big year. Elite to me, means an extended period of time where you are producing as good as anyone. That is Keenan. Again, outside getting injured or dip in production, Allen will be top 3 in overall production last 4 years. Outside of maybe TD'S, but either will Julio.

I just don't see how he isn't top 4 or 5. Which to me, is elite. Teams game plan to stop Keenan.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Thank you for this. I remember that 06 Raiders team, somehow managed to beat the Steelers in full on super bowl hangover mode. I looked up the roster and you had Daddy Cool throwing to Randy Moss and still that's all they could muster... Sad!

Actually astounding levels of incompetence. 6 (six!) games of 5 or more turnovers. Shutout 3 times. Most points scored in a game was 22 against the Cardinals. They turned the ball over 5 times in that game and still beat the Cards 22-9... and this is the same year as the infamous 'They are who we thought they were' rant... Denny Green (RIP) would be alive today if he never coached that team.

Edited by Fray32
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Colts  have given up 178 points in the first half and only 60 in the second half this year.

That's pretty crazy. And I can attest as a Browns fan. Our offense was torching you guys in the first half and then couldn't do crap in the second half.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Surprised the record is only 4 with all the great players that played in the NFL.

Its just something that isn't super common. Your chances for getting one are pretty limited of the course of a year. 

I remember playing in a fantasy league where your defense got 10 points for a safety lol. Commissioner said it was because they were far more rare than even touchdowns, they should be rewarded as such. 

• Like 1