Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

If the Chiefs win in the divisional round, they will become the first team in AFC history to host 3 straight AFC Championship Games. The only team to do it in the NFC were the Philadelphia Eagles from ‘02-‘04. Andy Reid also coached those teams.

On one occasion the Patriots hosted 2 in a row (2011 and 2012 seasons) and the next year played at Denver (2013 season), they also reached two in a row again (2016 and 2017 seasons) before having to travel to Kansas City. (2018)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

If the Chiefs win in the divisional round, they will become the first team in AFC history to host 3 straight AFC Championship Games. The only team to do it in the NFC were the Philadelphia Eagles from ‘02-‘04. Andy Reid also coached those teams.

On one occasion the Patriots hosted 2 in a row (2011 and 2012 seasons) and the next year played at Denver (2013 season), they also reached two in a row again (2016 and 2017 seasons) before having to travel to Kansas City. (2018)

He has gone from being a joke to the ignorant to being one of the very few all-time great coaches in NFL history in about 3 years.

He built an Eagles team that had 5 legit shots at a Super Bowl and a Chiefs team on its way to its 3rd or 4th (depending on how you feel about the 2015 Chiefs)

• 2015 Chiefs won a playoff game 30-0, lost by 7 to Brady in Foxborough, and split with the champs while outscoring them by 9.
    • very rough 1-5 start then won 10 in a row to end the season by an average of 27.8 to 12.8

The Eagles have 5 seasons of 12+ wins (there have been 41 seasons of 16 games)

• Andy has 3 of them in 14 years

The Chiefs have 7 seasons of 12+ wins

• Andy has 4 of them in 8 years

The Chiefs were 9-23 in the 2 years before Reid

The Eagles were 9-22-1 in the 2 years before Reid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Sorry if I already posted 

I like these kind of graphs, but I have a lot of skepticism about what "better at avoiding sacks" means. Does that mean they are playing behind a line that's good at pass pro? That they are getting rid of the ball quickly? Or that they are executing positive plays when in pressure situation when they could be sacked? 

I have doubt that Joe Burrow would be worse at avoiding sacks than Brady or Ben if you swapped their O-lines.

Edited by wackywabbit

19 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

I like these kind of graphs, but I have a lot of skepticism about what "better at avoiding sacks" means. Does that mean they are playing behind a line that's good at pass pro? That they are getting rid of the ball quickly? Or that they are executing positive plays when in pressure situation when they could be sacked? 

I have doubt that Joe Burrow would be worse at avoiding sacks than Brady or Ben if you swapped their O-lines.

Its a weird graph because I think they penalized Daniel Jones for reading the D and just taking off for 2 to 4 long runs because he did not 'face pressure' before he ran.

• Maybe Judge or Garrett read the D. Same idea though.

Pass rush is imminent pressure on every play even if its blocked. (you might get an extra couple of seconds if the line plays well)

• Sure, you do get very rare clean-pocket-for-8-seconds plays but maybe 20 a year unless your line is elite.

If the QB runs for 65 yards then it eases off the pressure because they have to account for that with contain or spy or some other adjustment.

• I have no interest in a chart that pretends Daniel Jones was not a 6.5 ypc runner in 2020.

He went for 156 against the Eagles in 2 games and barely missed sweeping them because he is elusive as a runner.

• This chart pretends he belongs with Andy Dalton and Matt Ryan as a scrambler.
  • Like 1