Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

5 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Damn, I just looked at it... The NFC has Dak and Murray as QBs under 30 w/o question marks. And thats pretty much it.

Dak had question marks coming off of that injury. He'll answer them quickly enough - but the questions will be there.

33 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Dak had question marks coming off of that injury. He'll answer them quickly enough - but the questions will be there.

Not really anymore, imo. Once you get past the possibility of infection it boils down to a broken bone and sutures.  The bone has metal grafted, so its stronger than before. The injury is 4 months on the short end, 8 months on the high end.

We are just over 3 months and he is walking. McCarthy is already talking about getting him on the field for his 'QB camps' that he put Rodgers through every offseason. 

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Not really, imo. Once you get past the possibility of infection it boils down to a broken bone and sutures.  The bone has metal grafted, so its stronger than before. The injury is 4 months on the short end, 8 months on the high end.

I understand, but there's still going to be questions on whether or not the injury impacted his lower body mechanics - drop backs, plant, release, follow through. He injured his "drive" leg, so there's going to be questions on whether or not his throws maintain the velocity he once had. With the extensive time he was off the leg, you have to worry about the opposite leg going out of balance - supporting the load for that long throws off the kinetic chain ever so slightly, and we don't currently have an idea on what that looks like in live action.

I understand bone v ligament/tendon is a different animal in regards to modalities and optimal recovery methodology, but that's standard performance. Sports performance, this has to be taken into consideration. He might be healed, but that doesn't mean his leg is in football shape, to borrow a term.

He's progressing on a very positive trendline, I do agree. You may not have questions, and your logic is rooted on solid ground - but that doesn't mean the general population (both educated and uneducated on the subject) won't have questions.

• Like 2

PFF Grade since Week 9:

Baker Mayfield - 90.5

Patrick Mahomes - 88.5

EriMCqhXcAInXq4?format=jpg&name=small

Obviously I'd take Mahomes, but I more or less am posting this because of the "Baker sucks" narrative, so that people understand just how much Baker has turned the corner since that halfway mark this year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

PFF Grade since Week 9:

Baker Mayfield - 90.5

Patrick Mahomes - 88.5

EriMCqhXcAInXq4?format=jpg&name=small

Obviously I'd take Mahomes, but I more or less am posting this because of the "Baker sucks" narrative, so that people understand just how much Baker has turned the corner since that halfway mark this year.

I saw something similar to this on Reddit. It was something about in the month of Dec, Bakers TD/INT is much better than Mahomes.

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Was Week 9 the first week without Odell? Week 9 is an odd benchmark, trying to find relevance to starting here...

It was that halfway mark in the season. You basically have two Bakers:

*First half of the season Baker, who was turnover prone, inaccurate, and still 2019 Baker

*Second half of the season Baker, who looks confident, accurate, poised, and has only thrown 1 INT (Baltimore), and seems to be the guy that most thought he would be after 2018.

For a point of reference, the Browns first week without OBJ was Week 8. (Or at least 2nd Quarter of Week 7).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I saw something similar to this on Reddit. It was something about in the month of Dec, Bakers TD/INT is much better than Mahomes.

Granted, I'm not a firm PFF believer on all things, because that "Interceptable pass" stat can be interpreted correctly in some cases, in which Mahomes has gotten away with a few dropped INT...but it also shows how elite he can be on tight window throws...so it's a fine line. 

26 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I'd say that is equal Baker playing at a very high level, while Mahomes started turning the ball over a lot more.

• Like 1