Which team will win their first Super Bowl next?

$andtrap

13 hours ago, AntonChigurh said:

He is a better thrower. Murray is a top 5 arm talent right now in the league

Jay Cutler was too. 

Anyways, my vote goes to Buffalo. I see them making a Ravens style run with D, a strong run game, and decent QB play.

Second guess would be Houston or Minnesota. 

The rest have a long way to go to even be talked about imo.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Casey used to be our best defensive player.  He wasn't in the top 10 last season.  Justin Simmons was a beast in limited playing time as a rookie, which is why they felt comfortable trading Casey away for peanuts.  He's Casey's replacement

Yeah, I know.  It's the one weakness.  But they're adding back injured rookie D'Andre Walker, adding a 8-9 sack guy into the rotation.  They don't have an elite edge group, but it's already drastically improved from last season, and I still expect them to add Clowney.

Cornerback is possibly their deepest position.  Malcolm Butler, Adoree Jackson, and now Kristian Fulton is an excellent group.

Total defense is a bad stat, especially with a team that was as injured as Tennessee was last season.  They were great down the stretch because they're a stacked defense that can run the ball once they got healthy.  They're pretty much the only defense last season that stopped Lamar Jackson, and they were able to limit Patrick Mahomes too (the first time they played him).  I don't know what more argument I need.

This. Adore looks to maturing into a top flight cb, butler is solid. Both missed 5+ games last year. Byard is a top 3 fs. Vaccaro is good. Ilb is one of the best groups in the nfl. Edge is a bit iffy with landry the only stand out unless vic returns to form. Dl is kind of thin but has 2 good players and the titans play so much nickel only 2 dl play most of the time.

And the bend but don't break pees system lets teams move the ball all day. Before half the d was hurt they were right on the edge of in or out of the top 5 in ppg.

Advanced issues found

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Casey used to be our best defensive player.  He wasn't in the top 10 last season.  Justin Simmons was a beast in limited playing time as a rookie, which is why they felt comfortable trading Casey away for peanuts.  He's Casey's replacement

Yeah, I know.  It's the one weakness.  But they're adding back injured rookie D'Andre Walker, adding a 8-9 sack guy into the rotation.  They don't have an elite edge group, but it's already drastically improved from last season, and I still expect them to add Clowney.

Cornerback is possibly their deepest position.  Malcolm Butler, Adoree Jackson, and now Kristian Fulton is an excellent group.

Total defense is a bad stat, especially with a team that was as injured as Tennessee was last season.  They were great down the stretch because they're a stacked defense that can run the ball once they got healthy.  They're pretty much the only defense last season that stopped Lamar Jackson, and they were able to limit Patrick Mahomes too (the first time they played him).  I don't know what more argument I need.

I'm just gonna leave the quote as is so as not to somehow ruin the formatting.

Simmons is interesting, no doubt - the rest of your point about the line is essentially speculation. We'll see how they do. 

Adoree Jackson is good, I'll give you that. Butler doesn't scare me at this point and we have no idea how Fulton will look.

I hear you, they were great against Lamar. They limited Mahomes? Mahomes torched them twice last season. 

"I don't know what more argument I need." We can argue all summer, it makes no difference. I guess we'll see how their defense looks. It's not like I think they're terrible; I'd put them around the middle overall. Decent, but not Super Bowl winning, unless they can prove their mettle over the course of a season. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I'm just gonna leave the quote as is so as not to somehow ruin the formatting.

Simmons is interesting, no doubt - the rest of your point about the line is essentially speculation. We'll see how they do. 

Adoree Jackson is good, I'll give you that. Butler doesn't scare me at this point and we have no idea how Fulton will look.

I hear you, they were great against Lamar. They limited Mahomes? Mahomes torched them twice last season. 

"I don't know what more argument I need." We can argue all summer, it makes no difference. I guess we'll see how their defense looks. It's not like I think they're terrible; I'd put them around the middle overall. Decent, but not Super Bowl winning, unless they can prove their mettle over the course of a season. 

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with your posts.  You can't quote them directly either, at least on my end.  You can use multiquote, but that's it.

The rest of my point was more about Casey not being even remotely our best player.  And no, I'm not speculating.  That's what the FO explicitly said about why they traded Casey.

Butler may not scare you, and yeah, we don't know Fulton, but Butler was a great corner last season too.  When he went down, you could see a huge difference.  He's a good corner objectively.  Fulton, yeah, that's projection, but so is literally everything we're talking about.

I didn't say they shut down Mahomes.  No one in the NFL did that.  But if you watched their first match and don't just look at the stat line, they put Mahomes in hot water regularly.  He threw for a ton of yards, sure, but that was because they shut down the run.  They also forced him into a ton of third downs, blocked a lot of passes, stopped their last two drives completely, and kept them out of the end zone almost the entire fourth quarter.

48 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

^ I really suck at quoting posts. For some reason after I mess up a quote, I can't even edit my post to try and fix it. Well, whatever, you can still read it. 

That's because there's so much wrong in your post, the forum just imploded and the post is now glitched.

Advanced issues found

✌
11 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Yeah, I don't know what's going on with your posts.  You can't quote them directly either, at least on my end.  You can use multiquote, but that's it.

The rest of my point was more about Casey not being even remotely our best player.  And no, I'm not speculating.  That's what the FO explicitly said about why they traded Casey.

Butler may not scare you, and yeah, we don't know Fulton, but Butler was a great corner last season too.  When he went down, you could see a huge difference.  He's a good corner objectively.  Fulton, yeah, that's projection, but so is literally everything we're talking about.

I didn't say they shut down Mahomes.  No one in the NFL did that.  But if you watched their first match and don't just look at the stat line, they put Mahomes in hot water regularly.  He threw for a ton of yards, sure, but that was because they shut down the run.  They also forced him into a ton of third downs, blocked a lot of passes, stopped their last two drives completely, and kept them out of the end zone almost the entire fourth quarter.

I said that you're speculating about the rest of the defensive line going forward, not about Casey's trade.

That first game versus Mahomes - wasn't that on his return from the knee injury? His first game back?

"that's projection, but so is literally everything we're talking about." Agreed. We'll see how they look this year. 

13 hours ago, SmittyBacall said:

I like Kyler a lot. I was big on him coming out, and he does have better arm talent than Deshaun. But equating arm talent with quarterbacking success isn’t smart. There are plenty of talented arms that didn’t amount to anything in this league.

Despite this been proven over the past 30 years, the  media and certain fans will keep fixating on the strong arm quarterback/gun slinger

Jeff George, Jay Cutler, Jp Losman, Jamarcus Russell , Rex Grossman and Rick Mirer all were gun slinger type QBs and they all busted out (Cutler it was always the "he'll get it with a good qb coach " deflections for years)

Edited by Chuck80
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Chargers did. That kid had 2 games and couldnt crack 200 yds in either game and had 1 td 1 int in both games.

Answer here is Chargers. Next topic?

• Like 1

Is everyone that high on Kyler Murray to be voting ARI? The Cardinals dont have a defense, 28th in the NFL last season and on top of that they play in a very difficult division with SF/SEA which will make it harder with playoff seeding for the forseeable future. The could win it as a WC but I dont see them winning their division outright anytime soon.

They could become great in the next few years but a lot of things would have to go their way in order for that to happen IMO

I would say TEN/LAC/HOU are a little bit more ahead. The Chargers are 1 Justin Herbert being legit from being extremely dangerous.

Edited by AkronsWitness

18 hours ago, $andtrap said:

Which one will be the next off the list? Here is the list:

Buffalo

Cincinnati

Cleveland

Houston

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Los Angeles Chargers

Detroit

Minnesota

Atlanta

Carolina

Arizona

Falcons are most likely to win the Super Bowl on this list in 2021 so I'll go with them. Panthers are close on their heels though.