Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Trentwannabe

TC Thread/Bills releasing players to get to 80.

Recommended Posts

I wonder what kind of media access there will be.

If it's just Chris Brown reporting, we'll be told Allen to Diggs is the next Kelly to Reed connection. Hoping we get some local and national views that won't be so rose tinted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm VERY interested to see what Trey Adams does. I know that everyone is super interested in Ty Nsekhe, Cody Ford, and Daryl Williams, but Adams might be the best right tackle candidate on the roster. If he demonstrates health, then this guy is a phonomenal football player. He's not a great mover on the edge, but he's so big, long, and powerful that it doesn't really matter and he shuts down speed rushers. As soon as he gets his hands on someone, it's over. He's a real mauler and abuses people. His run-blocking ability is highly refined.

Watch Trey Adams play. This guy could have been drafted over Mike McGlinchey, had he not gotten injured and stayed in school. The next year, he could have been the #1 OT, had he not gotten injured and stayed in school again.

This guy slipped because his medical history is so crazy, but if he's playing, he's really REALLY good. He was healthy again this season at Washington after battling back from a series of major injuries and showed real heart with leadership and toughness. He also wasn't 100%, but still put up some really good tape.

I'm most eager to see what happens with him. Really, I think he could be a starter at any position besides center. Honestly, the team could stand to upgrade both Feliciano and Spain, so an argument could be made that two or three of Nsekhe, Adams, Williams, and Ford all end up starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

I'm VERY interested to see what Trey Adams does. I know that everyone is super interested in Ty Nsekhe, Cody Ford, and Daryl Williams, but Adams might be the best right tackle candidate on the roster. If he demonstrates health, then this guy is a phonomenal football player. He's not a great mover on the edge, but he's so big, long, and powerful that it doesn't really matter and he shuts down speed rushers. As soon as he gets his hands on someone, it's over. He's a real mauler and abuses people. His run-blocking ability is highly refined.

Watch Trey Adams play. This guy could have been drafted over Mike McGlinchey, had he not gotten injured and stayed in school. The next year, he could have been the #1 OT, had he not gotten injured and stayed in school again.

This guy slipped because his medical history is so crazy, but if he's playing, he's really REALLY good. He was healthy again this season at Washington after battling back from a series of major injuries and showed real heart with leadership and toughness. He also wasn't 100%, but still put up some really good tape.

I'm most eager to see what happens with him. Really, I think he could be a starter at any position besides center. Honestly, the team could stand to upgrade both Feliciano and Spain, so an argument could be made that two or three of Nsekhe, Adams, Williams, and Ford all end up starting.

Uh. Spain is really good.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

Uh. Spain is really good.

He did this in Tennessee, too. He's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of offensive guards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

He did this in Tennessee, too. He's the Ryan Fitzpatrick of offensive guards.

I’m not sure I understand the reference here. 
 

Fitz plays really well in short spurts and gets a new shiny contact from multiple teams. Spain played out his rookie deal in Tennessee, signed a modest 1 year deal with Buffalo and then signed a modest 3 year extension without even testing the open market. 
 

As for your original post about Adams. In a regular off season he would have a big hill to climb. This offseason he is basically toast. Unless the other guys get injured or sick Adams won’t be the day 1 starting RT. I doubt he’s even on the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not get the whole Spain thing. What does a guy have to do to get respect, having 16 games and only missing 4-6 snaps on offense last year giving up ZERO sacks and only having 3 penalties and you want to upgrade that? What does upgrading the LG entail? He was almost perfect at his job last year in the passing game, I would have to look closely on how he was in the running game but he is a respectable top tier LG based on 2019. Him in Tennessee has nothing to do with him in Buffalo. You can't judge a player's past history with a different organization and having a completely different OC and oline coach that runs a different scheme and technique. Comparing to Fitz, is a head scratcher too I do not see any possible way you can compare the two as Fitz has been on about 12 teams playing a completely different position and has yet to execute as flawless season as Spain has done at the position he is in. 

As for Adams, unless Bills are comfortable with keeping him over Ty based on cost, age and future ceiling I do not expect him to make the roster, he may lock up a Psquad position but he has to prove himself and stay healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

 

I was going to say why is cuomo talking about this he has no control over the jets and giants, plus the bills are no where near the major issues of NYC. For once can this country just agree and be on the same page on something. Why is it just NY NJ and Conn why not all states agree on this as well as the % of fans at a stadium. I had some hope before thinking that these idiots running the country can handle this but clearly they are incapable of doing anything other then cause more havoc and report new cases. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the bills are at 87 right now? So we have until the 17th to cut those 7 people....any suggestions as to who they are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

So the bills are at 87 right now? So we have until the 17th to cut those 7 people....any suggestions as to who they are?

My guess is the 7 are UDFA. Sucks for them but Bills are too talented to worry about seeing if one of these guys can be a diamond in the rough right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray-Ray had a bunch of chances and just could not stop dropping passes/putting the ball on the ground, hope it works out for him elsewhere. McGhin, JAG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

My guess is the 7 are UDFA. Sucks for them but Bills are too talented to worry about seeing if one of these guys can be a diamond in the rough right now.

So I heard the nfl is allowing each team to have 4 spots saved on Psquad that protects them that teams can not poach off of this year. If that is the case I could see them sending Fromm to Psquad as one of those slots.

I also heard the bills only need to get to 81 because 1 spot is designated to wade for International. With Mcphin and ray ray gone they only need to cut 5 more before the deadline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wasn't sure if I should put it in here or the non bills talk thread as it can pertain to both. Players are starting to opt out more and more for covid taking the 150k guarantee or the 350k high risk depending on the player. I am putting it in here because I am curious if there is any bills players that will take this and if so who do you think? I know diggs and Hausch have voiced their concern, I know Hausch is on the bubble so I wouldnt be shocked he takes the 150k guarantee and sits out a year while collecting his funds next offseason if cut. I am concerned with Diggs more then Hausch because Diggs is what we centered around this offseason and would be a major blow if he does decide to sit this one out. Health of course is what matters and I have no problem with those who are of high risk or family members who are but I just hope people do not take advantage and just bail for no real reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...